cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIL Simulation Error - Soft Reset

sundarnatarajan
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using MPC5744P DEVKIT, MBD Toolbox 2.0.0, with MATLAB 2016b to do PIL test. I was able to perform this in hard reset mode, but when it try to make this to soft reset by modifying mcu_init.c in src folder of MBD_Toolbox. I get error after the code flashes to the board [Invalid Payload Size].Could you tell us what is going wrong here or we missing something to do here.

I have also attached a sample model.

Original:

/* Mode transition to apply the PLL0 setup and set Normal mode with PLL running */
MC_ME.MCTL.R = 0x30005AF0; /* DRUN Mode & Key */
MC_ME.MCTL.R = 0x3000A50F; /* DRUN Mode & Key */

Modification Done: 

/* Mode transition to apply the PLL0 setup and set Normal mode with PLL running */
MC_ME.MCTL.R = 0x00005AF0; /* DRUN Mode & Key */
MC_ME.MCTL.R = 0x0000A50F; /* DRUN Mode & Key */

PIL_error.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sundarnatarajan‌,

For the MPC57xx we have released a newer version: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-3427 The latest one is based on S32 SDK for Power Architecture so you would probably find in the SDK a method which will help you. We recommend you to switch to the latest release.

However, I was investigating your problem and I don't quite understand your scenario. Inside the mcu_init.c file there are a lot of lines with the comment you've mentioned and I can't find the exact spot where you switch the state. Can you give us more details about why and when you need a 'functional' reset?

Maybe the functional reset you set, is faster than applying the PLL settings and this propagates to the UART clockconfiguration which later affects the baudrate, and the PIL crashes due to a mismatched serial configuration between host and target. 

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos