cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP S32K144 Red LED Continuously ON

Jump to solution
saranya_chitta
Contributor III

I'm using MBDT V4.2 with MATLAB 2019b and trying to run GPIO example on S32K144 EVB. As soon as I connect the board, the red LED beside the RESET button is continuously ON and the two green LEDs are also ON.  I'm able to detect the board on my computer. But after I build the model, I don't see any output - No output on the RGB LED when I tried pressing SW2 as per the GPIO example. 

MOT file is being generated and it is being seen in the mass storage as well. I also checked - I'm able to get into bootloader mode too. Jumpers J104 and J107 are in their default positions (2-3 default)

@mariuslucianand  @paulvlase 

Can someone help me with this, please? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @saranya_chitta ,

I've already seen that one of my colleagues has instructed you here https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/NXP-S32K144-EVB-Reset-LED-continuously-ON/m-p/1208406#M9512 on how to reflash the OpenSDA bootloader. This operation will normally do the job.

Make sure that the model you are trying to build has the same MCU selected as the one that you have on the board. Now, in some cases I've seen that the only way of doing this to work on some controllers, is to use the RappID bootloader way of flashing the board. 

Was the EVB board brand new?

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AbhishekK
Contributor II

Hello @mariuslucianand @saranya_chitta ,@mikedoidge  ,
Can please provide me if you have any document related to RappID bootloader. I am facing same issue on my 2 boards S32K144 Evb.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @saranya_chitta ,

I've already seen that one of my colleagues has instructed you here https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/NXP-S32K144-EVB-Reset-LED-continuously-ON/m-p/1208406#M9512 on how to reflash the OpenSDA bootloader. This operation will normally do the job.

Make sure that the model you are trying to build has the same MCU selected as the one that you have on the board. Now, in some cases I've seen that the only way of doing this to work on some controllers, is to use the RappID bootloader way of flashing the board. 

Was the EVB board brand new?

Regards,

Marius

saranya_chitta
Contributor III

Hey @mariuslucianand 

Thanks for suggesting the RappID bootloader. I tried flashing over JTAG from S32DS and the EVB is back to normal. The reset LED has turned off now.

Thank you once again!

0 Kudos