cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Reference Support - MPC57x

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

Hello,

Does the Model Based Design toolbox support Model Referencing?

I am trying to build a simple example using Model Reference Block from Simulink, as you can see below: 
pastedImage_1.png

But I am getting the following errors:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

How can I build the model using model reference?

Kind Regards, Rafael Barbosa

17 Replies

Wensh
Contributor I

I am trying to have the configurations and interfaces of the peripherals in separate reference models, and the MCU configuration block in the model of Model, any hint on how I can achieve that?

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Wensh ,

The MPC57xx toolbox uses a custom .tlc file based on the ert.tlc. For now, you have to add our configuration block to all of the referenced modes. Adding our configuration block should not affect the simulation at all. One way of keeping all the referenced models in sync with the top model is to save the Configuration for the top model and propagate it to the reference models.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

Wensh
Contributor I

Yes it helped, will give a try, thank you.

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ext-rafael.barbosa@chassisbrakes.com‌,

It is supported. Please have a look at the PIL example in the toolbox or here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/453726

You need to add a config block into the reference model too. (we currently working to remove this kind of limitation)

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

Hello dumitru-daniel.popa

Is there any news about these topics that I mentioned above?

Kind Regards, Rafael

0 Kudos

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

Dear mariuslucianandrei‌,

Could you help me with this topic?

abhishek.kumar@chassisbrakes.com also is interested in the topic.

Kind Regards, Rafael

paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ext-rafael.barbosa@chassisbrakes.com‌,

I am looking into your issue. I was able to reproduce your error, and I am trying to fix it. I will add a hotfix as soon as possible.

0 Kudos

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

Dear paulvlase‌, mariuslucianandrei‌ and dumitru-daniel.popa

Do you have some updating regarding this topic?

Me and abhishekkumar@allgosystems.com are interested on this topic.

Kind Regards, Rafael

abhishek_kumar1
Contributor IV

Dear paulvlase

As, ext-rafael.barbosa@chassisbrakes.com‌ mentioned. We are eagerly waiting for the hotfix you mentioned. 

dumitru-daniel.popa‌, mariuslucianandrei

0 Kudos

abhishek_kumar1
Contributor IV

Dear paulvlase

Any news on this topic?

We are waiting for some solution as we want to work with segregation of Application part of the software. 

mariuslucianandreidumitru-daniel.popa

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello abhishek.kumar@chassisbrakes.com‌ and ext-rafael.barbosa@chassisbrakes.com‌,

We have investigated this and if we were to provide  a patch for adding support for the Reference Model, the patch would bring important changes to the toolbox structure. So we will try to add support for Reference Models in the next release, probably at the end of this year.

Also, if you have suggestions for features, feel free to express them.

Best Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

abhishek_kumar1
Contributor IV

Dear mariuslucianandrei‌, dumitru-daniel.popa

1. What would be the target date for next release?

2. Would you be able to provide a guideline (and support) to work with AUTOSAR in the next release?

Currently we can generate application code with AUTOSAR compliance but we fail to have base layer communication via RTE to application layer. 

Best Regards,

Abhishek 

ext-rafael.barbosa@chassisbrakes.com

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello abhishek.kumar@chassisbrakes.com‌,

For the first question, the release will be available probably in December this year. I will keep you updated regarding the date!

For the second one, we will enable support for the Matlab Autosar Blockset which will provide an easy way to test the AUTOSAR Application Layer directly on MPC57xx microcontrollers in PIL simulation. The same functionality which is already available for the S32K1xx in our toolboxes.

Best Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

DearPaul Vlase, Marius-lucian Andrei and dumitru-daniel.popa

Also, could you provide me an alternative solution for the .elf file generation from multiple Simulink .slx files, via the combination of the generated C code generated separatelly?

Kind Regards, Rafael

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

Hi paulvlase‌,

Thank you.

Please let me know when you get news.

Kind Regards, Rafael

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

Hi again Daniel,

Regarding the PIL example, I could to run it here. However this example is different from what I am trying to do.

As you can see below, this model should just be executed and just the referenced block is build in the hardware.
pastedImage_1.png

In my current situation, I am trying to build the model with an inner referenced model.
And I can not do it.

Did you could build the model that I sent as example previously (inside ReferenceModelTest.zip) ?

Kind Regards, Rafael

0 Kudos

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

Hi Daniel, 

I added a configuration block in the referenced model as well, but I still could not build it.

pastedImage_1.png

When trying to build the above model, I got the following error message:

pastedImage_2.png

It is important to mention that I could build the referenced model "Sum" in the board, before used it as a reference model.

0 Kudos