cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Based Design Toolbox (MBDT) for MPC5643L controller

raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Hi,
I can see that there is MBDT and Motor Control Toolbox (MCT) for MPC5744P controller. There is also MCT for MPC5643L. But I cannot find MBDT for MPC5643L. Can I use the MCT blocks to continue model based design for the MPC5643L without any known issues? My intention is to generate code, program it onto the MPC5643L board and run SIL (Simulation in Loop), PIL (Processor in Loop) through Simulink to test functionality.

I ask this question because 5744P has two separate toolboxes while only one is available for 5643L. Is there a reason for this? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raghurajappa‌,

The MCT (a.k.a. Motor Control Toolbox) has been renamed in 2016 to MBDT (a.k.a. Model-Based Design Toolbox)

For MPC5643L there is only the version with MCT because we have not made any updates in the mean time.

On the other hand for MPC5744P we had a release in 2017 and that is why we have renamed it.

You can download the toolbox for MPC5673L from here: https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=6107501. It supports all the cases you have mentioned above.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos