Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777c loss of communication for ccp mcu

Jump to solution
abhinand_rd
Contributor I

Hello,

I am facing an issue while flashing software from Simulink/Matlab via bootloader for the MPC5777C-DEVB board.

I get the error Loss of communication for CCP MCU. (attached screenshot)

I did setup according to Model_Based_Design_Toolbox_MPC57xx_Series_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf documentation.

I tried flash with two files via S32DS:

1. MPC5777C_S32DS_UART0_CAN0.srec

2. MPC5777C_S32DS_UART2_CAN0.rbf

And in advanced options for Flash algorithm selection, i used alternative algorithm option and set to"nxp_mpc5777c_1x32x64k_eeprom.pcp"

I get the same error while flashing via bootloader "Loss of Communication for CCP MCU"

Please help me with right solution for this problem.

Thank you.

Abhinand D

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @abhinand_rd ,

the FTDI chip is connected to the RXDA/TXDA. So the rbf with the UART0 should do the job. It looks to me that you've followed the right steps.

Just to be sure that you are using the right settings. Please check in the model to have the Boot Assist Module Restart Request checked. This check box will give you a message, once the code has been successfully compiled, asking you to reset the board. At that moment, please press the reset button on the board and press ok. This will force the board to enter bootloader and wait for the program on the UART.

If the restart checkbox did not work, let's check the USB connection. For that, please generate code for the uart_hello_world_mpc5777C model. Inside the folder next to the mdl you will find an elf file. Please flash that elf file (using standard algorithm this time, not the nxp_mpc5777c_1x32x64k_eeprom.pcp. This pcp file should be used only with the bootloader).

By flashing the generated elf file from the uart_hello_world_mpc5777C we can check the UART connection. If the connection is working, you can try again to reflash the bootloader and to start deployment via UART.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @abhinand_rd ,

the FTDI chip is connected to the RXDA/TXDA. So the rbf with the UART0 should do the job. It looks to me that you've followed the right steps.

Just to be sure that you are using the right settings. Please check in the model to have the Boot Assist Module Restart Request checked. This check box will give you a message, once the code has been successfully compiled, asking you to reset the board. At that moment, please press the reset button on the board and press ok. This will force the board to enter bootloader and wait for the program on the UART.

If the restart checkbox did not work, let's check the USB connection. For that, please generate code for the uart_hello_world_mpc5777C model. Inside the folder next to the mdl you will find an elf file. Please flash that elf file (using standard algorithm this time, not the nxp_mpc5777c_1x32x64k_eeprom.pcp. This pcp file should be used only with the bootloader).

By flashing the generated elf file from the uart_hello_world_mpc5777C we can check the UART connection. If the connection is working, you can try again to reflash the bootloader and to start deployment via UART.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
kethan
Contributor I

I have encountered same problem with my s32k144 mcu. Please give me solution

0 Kudos