Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P and MC33771 Configuration

Jump to solution
ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear All,

I have MPC5744P DEV_KIT and MC33771 SPI DEV_KIT and I want to connect& operate both of them together. I can see that MC33771 MBD toolbox is given under S32K1 tool.(By the way, creating BMS MBD is a great idea. I believe that will give you great oppurtunity , us great flexibility and shorter development time. SPECIAL THANKS FOR THAT). 

I wonder whether can I use BMS MBD tools with MPC5744 directly by connecting by SPI. 

I have shared a sample model at the attachment and a figure depicts the model.

Do I need to configure sth else?

Thanks.

pastedImage_1.png

Tags (3)
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ykarata1@ford.com.tr‌,

As I promised, I've attached the MC33771B and MPC5744P Simulink project using custom code. So, as you can see in this picture, additional connections have to be performed between boards. Exactly the same mount as for 32K, the BMS J9 [2-16] have to be connected to J3 [1-15] on the MPC5744p REV E. board.

pastedImage_1.png

Unfortunately, I had to use the DPSI1 for communication (PA8, PA7, PA6, PA5) but I think the previous image shows exactly how to perform all the connections. I was not able to get a response on the MISO/SIN DSPI0 which pins are already connected to the BMS board, probably because of the level shifter connected.  For now, this wiring works great.

pastedImage_4.png

So, the steps to run this are the following:

1. Download the archive, and open the model in R2018a or newer version.

2. Go to Initialize and open the BMS_Init function and update the location of the bcc folder

pastedImage_5.png

3. Open the config block and update the COM port of the MPC5744P.

4. Run the model and deploy it on the target.

5. Open the FreeMaster project attached, update the COM port, and .elf location and connect to the board. You should be able to see all the variables converted.

pastedImage_1.png

This example will only work over SPI. If you need to use other pins please tell me.

m15871781742@163.com‌, I think you were also interested in this kind of application.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions!

Unfortunately, for now, the blocks for the S32K1xx can not be used alongside with the MPC. Regardless of the toolbox differences, the layer that handles the SPI communication (either if you talk about the SPI or TPL) is different. I am referring here at the SPI peripherals different between S32K or MPC.

This means that the send and receive functions and also the timing of the delays have to be ported from the S32K to MPC. So for now, if you are interested, I can try to provide a running custom code example between MPC5744P and MC33771B SPI. 

Are you interested in such an example  of custom code between MPC5744P and MC33771B?

Waiting for your reply,

Marius

ykarata1
Contributor IV

Hi mariuslucianandrei

That is a great offer for us. I would be happy to get that.

Thanks in advance.

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As I promised, I've attached the MC33771B and MPC5744P Simulink project using custom code. So, as you can see in this picture, additional connections have to be performed between boards. Exactly the same mount as for 32K, the BMS J9 [2-16] have to be connected to J3 [1-15] on the MPC5744p REV E. board.

pastedImage_1.png

Unfortunately, I had to use the DPSI1 for communication (PA8, PA7, PA6, PA5) but I think the previous image shows exactly how to perform all the connections. I was not able to get a response on the MISO/SIN DSPI0 which pins are already connected to the BMS board, probably because of the level shifter connected.  For now, this wiring works great.

pastedImage_4.png

So, the steps to run this are the following:

1. Download the archive, and open the model in R2018a or newer version.

2. Go to Initialize and open the BMS_Init function and update the location of the bcc folder

pastedImage_5.png

3. Open the config block and update the COM port of the MPC5744P.

4. Run the model and deploy it on the target.

5. Open the FreeMaster project attached, update the COM port, and .elf location and connect to the board. You should be able to see all the variables converted.

pastedImage_1.png

This example will only work over SPI. If you need to use other pins please tell me.

m15871781742@163.com‌, I think you were also interested in this kind of application.

Hope this helps,

Marius

BambooTu
Contributor I

HI, @mariuslucianand 

I try this Simulink project.

Hardware : MPC5744p REV E. board / MC33771B

I use FreeMaster (CAN1) connect to the board.
All of data read the value is 0,and BccError is 4(BCC_STATUS_PARAM_RANGE).

BambooTu_0-1643339083452.png

Am I missing something to setting?

0 Kudos
TranCau
Contributor I

Hi @mariuslucianand ,

I followed your steps. But I had a problem. 

TranCau_0-1630687825313.png

Please, Let me know how to deal with this problem. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear mariuslucianandrei‌,

I am so happy to get your support so strong. It is very satisfying for us. 

I am really grateful to you for your efforts.

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos