MPC_57xx and S32K toolbox compatibility with Matlab 2019b ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC_57xx and S32K toolbox compatibility with Matlab 2019b ?

Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

we want to work with latest versions of Mathworks tools (because of improvements in Simulink). In the release notes for MPC_57xx and S32K toolboxes only Matlab 2018b and Matlab 2019a (respectively) are mentioned as newest versions supported. As I'm aware there weren't any significant changes in the embedded coder v2019b.

Can we use both support packages/toolboxes with the Matlab 2019b release ?

Thanks for help

Maciek

6 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Maciek‌,

Our toolboxes are tested on the latest 4 Matlab versions available when the toolboxes are released. This is the reason why the MPC57xx is targeted for R2017a-R2018b, while the S32K1xx is targeted for R2017b-R2019a.

You can use our toolboxes in R2019b and if something is not working as expected, feel free to contact us here and we will provide support for your issues.

Also, as I have mentioned before in other thread,  we are planning to release a new version for MPC57xx probably at the end of this year.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

saranya_chitta
Contributor III

Hello,

I have MATLAB R2019b and working with NXP S32K144. I have the 4.1.0 version of MBDT downloaded and when I try to drag drop it to Command window in MATLAB R2019b, and I also accept the license agreement, I see an error saying

"Installation Error

Toolbox cannot be installed. Installation path is not accessible."

I tried another way. From MATLAB Add-on manager, I tried to add NXP support package for S32K1xx V2.1.0 and it doesn't get added to the add-on manager. 

In the Add-on Explorer window for "NXP Support package S32K1xx", under "MATLAB Release Compatibility"  I see this -

"Created with R2019a

Compatible with R2017b to R2019a"

So, I was thinking that it only works for MATLAB Versions until R2019a, but not R2019b. So, I downloaded R2019a version and was able to run everything successfully on R2019a. 

But, some of my colleagues are successfully able to install the tool box on R2019b and run some examples also. That made me drop this comment here. FYI- MATLAB R2019b is up to date. I've also installed all the updates on my computer. Also, I only have one version of toolbox on my computer and it is 4.1.0 for S32K1xx family

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello saranya.chitta@magna.com‌,

"Installation Error

Toolbox cannot be installed. Installation path is not accessible."

I would be tempted to say that the issue might be related to your user administration rights but if you say that your colleagues are able to install the toolbox with no issues... 

"Created with R2019a

Compatible with R2017b to R2019a"

When this toolbox version was released, the last available Matlab version was R2019a. This is the reason for this message, but I can confirm that it is compatible and works with the R2019b Matlab version as well.

In order to install the toolbox on the R2019b, you can try two other methods or workarounds:

1. Since the error message is "Installation path is not accessible" you can try changing the R2019b AddOns to a location for you to know that your user has the permissions to write. Now you can try again to install the toolbox.

pastedImage_5.png

2. If the installation is not working using the previous approach since you already have the tool installed on R2018b, you can perform the following setup. Basically you can keep the installation files in the location for the R2019a, but use them inside R2019b.

For this, go to the path where the toolbox has been installed on R2018b. Default is C:\Users\{your user}\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons and locate the toolbox folder. Now, access that location from the R2019b. it should look like this. By running the mbd_s32k_path script in R2019b you should be able now to successfully run the S32K Toolbox in R2019b.

pastedImage_8.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just for the future similar issues, for saranya.chitta@magna.com‌, changing the default Matlab's path (first approach) solved the issue.

Hope this helps,

Marius

Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

we have both Matlab versions: 2017b and 2019b installed. After clicking .mltbx it always starts 2017b to complete the installation. How can I install the toolbox in 2019b in my case ?

We have also v3.0.0 of S32K toolbox installed in 2017b (visible in 2019b) - is it safe to install v4.1.0 of S32K in 2019b, side by side, on the same computer ? Or should we rather uninstall the previous version of the toolbox ?

Thanks

Maciek

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Maciek‌,

Sorry for my delayed answer!

You can install the toolbox in R2019b by simply drag and drop the mltbx in the command Window of R2019b. Also, if you have a common location for the toolbox between the both Matlab versions you can run the NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\mbd_s32k_path.m script in the Matlab version you need. This will add our toolbox in the Matlab version path and you will be able to use our toolbox.

Regarding the version 3.0.0 and 4.1.0 you can have both toolboxes, but do NOT keep both of them in Maltab's version path. When you need to switch between versions, please remove the one which is not needed from Matlab's path by going to SetPath->Default-> Save and then run the mbd_s32k_path.m for the version needed.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos