cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC34GD3000 init_missing from generated C code

liwuquan
Contributor III

NXP Expert,

In your Motor class 10 of DEVKIT_MPC5744P, there is MC34GD3000 initialization sequence in the open loop motor control model, but I did not find the corresponding initialization C code being called from the main() function anywhere from the generated C code. Is the Hardware taking care of the power on initialization sequence for the pre-driver ? 

Another question: the DEVKIT_MOTORGUDARD is available now has been stated by this community. But NXP website is still telling pending stock$49, would you please let me know where I can purchase them? Would you please also provide the motor guard drawing?

Thank you.

Susan Li

3 Replies

liwuquan
Contributor III

Please see the table attached for questions above. last time it was not attached properly.

thank you. Susan Li

MOTORGD-MPC5744P-DEVKIT_ADC.PNG

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liwuquan‌,

Sorry for delayed response.

The generated code for the FET pre-driver initialization flow chart is part of the 

void Read_Hall_Sensors_and_Speed_Est(void) function. There is a large switch that contains all the sequences

} else {
 switch (OpenLoop_Control_with_SpeedE_DW.is_c2_OpenLoop_Control_with_Spe) {
 case OpenLoop_Control_with_Spee_IN_A:
 /* During 'A': '<S14>:5' */
 /* Transition: '<S14>:7' */
 /* MASK0 */
 Data = (uint16_T)0x20;
 OpenLoop_Control_with_SpeedE_DW.is_c2_OpenLoop_Control_with_Spe =
 OpenLoop_Control_with_Spee_IN_B;
 break;
case OpenLoop_Control_with_Spee_IN_B:
 /* During 'B': '<S14>:4' */
 /* Transition: '<S14>:8' */
 /* MASK1 */
 Data = (uint16_T)0x30;
 OpenLoop_Control_with_SpeedE_DW.is_c2_OpenLoop_Control_with_Spe =
 OpenLoop_Control_with_Spee_IN_C;
 break;
...‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

This code is called on the model step function / basically an interrupt

void SYSTEM_TASK(void)
{
 OpenLoop_Control_with_SpeedEstimator_step();
/* Get model outputs here */
}

The SW needs to initialize the pre-driver. The most critical part is the PWM sequence to load the bootstrap capacitors, otherwise the PWM signals will not pass from the MPC5744 CPU to the actual MOSFETs.

In respect with the MotorGD devkit please get in contact with wem'sperez‌ since he might help you with the available stock information.

Regarding the schematics i need to look for the official ones and i'll come back to you. The videos are using a prototype board and some of the resistors capacitors have been changed in the final layout.

Thank you!

Daniel

liwuquan
Contributor III

NXP Expert,

Thanks for the help so far.

Please help on my new questions below since the documentation needed is not available on NXP website.

It is regarding DEVKIT-MOTORGD and DEVKIT-MPC5744 pair for motor control, the table attached here is about the current and DC bus voltage measurement on the pair, my questions are:

1: please let me how much the number in the last column in the table suppose to be?

2: how BEMF and PH current measurement is sharing the ADC channel? through jumpers? then which jumpers, how the configure should be?

3: if you see there is anything not correct in the table regarding the pair of the board, please let me know.

4:please provide schematics for your MOTORGD, if you do not have the updated version, the old version is fine to me.

Thank you.

Susan Li 

0 Kudos