cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33771 OPEN-SHORT Detection

ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear All,

In the datasheet of MC33771B, Part 9.9 , detection of short and open circuit in cell measurement cables has been told and described. Since we are proceeding as MBD on Simulink;

1. Do you have any block that we can use that detection ?

2. Are you able to support related block for S32K144 ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ykarata1 ,

I had a look at the chapter you have mentioned above, which describes the steps which have to be followed to determine the Open-SHORT Detection, and unfortunately, the short answer is no. We do not have a block that performs all the mentioned steps in that chapter and return the OpenDetect status.

However, the functionality can be achieved with the current toolbox in two ways:

1. Using the MC3377xB_Register_Read and MC3377xB_Register_Write for SYS_CFG1 and other registers. But you have to do all the operations inside an atomic subsystem and make sure that the Simulink will generate the code in the right order.

2. Creating a custom code block that performs all the settings required in the mentioned chapter. Basically, here, the block has to be written in C and only called from the Simulink.

If I were to choose, I would take the second option, with the custom code.

For your second question, you can open a request at NXP to add support for such block.

Hope this helps,

Marius

ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear @mariuslucianand ,

Thanks for your reply. Since we can not use Read/Write Register blocks only option we have seems as creating a custom code for on purpose. We will try to develop our own block. Since it will be first time for us, I believe it will take time.

Also I will open a request at NXP to add support for such block.

Thanks.

0 Kudos