cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBDToolbox_MPC57xx_3.0.0 installation help

Jump to solution
zcampbell
Contributor I

I am trying to install MBDToolbox_MPC57xx_3.0.0.  MATLAB add-on manager runs appropriately.  The toolbox appears to be added to MATLAB Simulink environment upon completion and I am even able to generate a license file from NXP website.  Problems:

The instructions in the quick start guide for the product state that a license file should be populated in a folder with path:

\MATLAB\AddOns\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx\code\lic   .... the 'code' folder nor the 'lic' folder is created upon initial installation.  The default 'add-ons' folder is not the same as that which is listed in the quick start guide.  Is this a problem? 

Inside of the installation folder that is downloaded from the NXP website, there exists a MATLAB file, NXP_Support_Package_MPC57xx.m.  When I run this the checks at the verify toolbox installation and activate NXP toolbox steps do not work either.  

I am in need of some assistance.  

My PC info: W7 pro /matlab 2019a

0 Kudos
1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello zcampbell@amshowa.com‌,

The instructions in the quick start guide for the product state that a license file should be populated in a folder with path:

\MATLAB\AddOns\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx\code\lic   .... the 'code' folder nor the 'lic' folder is created upon initial installation.  The default 'add-ons' folder is not the same as that which is listed in the quick start guide.  Is this a problem? 

This is not a problem - this is because you are using MATLAB R2019a - as of this version (or R2018b, maybe), MATLAB Add-on manager changed the folder structure. This is the reason why you no longer see the 'code' folder. All the information you find (path-related) in the document, you can just ignore this folder.

As for other issues, could you try and make a lic folder in NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx? And put the generated license file inside this 'lic' folder , and then just try and build any of the examples provided by the toolbox?

If this does not work, could you please send me the output of the following MATLAB command (ran in the MATLAB terminal):

ver

and also

mbd_find_mpc_root();

This 2nd file should be located in NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx folder (as a p-file).

Kind regards,

Razvan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zcampbell
Contributor I

Ignoring the '\code\lic' instruction within the quick start guide in my case and placing the license file (license.dat) in the folder '\lic' which came as part of the installation of the approx. 500MB .mltbx file download and placing the license.dat file from the website within that folder seems to have worked.  

One other interesting phenom: when downloading from the NXP website I initially downloaded a .zip file extension when I initially downloaded the toolbox from the NXP website.  But, when I came back later to download through the use of the download manager, it downloaded the *.mltbx file.

Thanks to all who responded. 

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The mltbx is actually just another archive, so if you just renamed the .zip to .mltbx, that would also work. The file extension only tells MATLAB that it has a certain folder structure that it needs to install a toolbox. We are aware of this behavior; if I'm not wrong, it's mentioned in the user guide / release notes, but I must double check this fact. 

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is not a problem - this is because you are using MATLAB R2019a - as of this version (or R2018b, maybe), MATLAB Add-on manager changed the folder structure. This is the reason why you no longer see the 'code' folder. All the information you find (path-related) in the document, you can just ignore this folder.

As for other issues, could you try and make a lic folder in NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx? And put the generated license file inside this 'lic' folder , and then just try and build any of the examples provided by the toolbox?

If this does not work, could you please send me the output of the following MATLAB command (ran in the MATLAB terminal):

ver

and also

mbd_find_mpc_root();

This 2nd file should be located in NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx folder (as a p-file).

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos