cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBD for MPC5744P programmer

Jump to solution
Contributor III

Hi, 

I have already able to  programm the MPC5744P for the example GPO.slx, when I use the Onboard programmer (J12 mini USB),the LED could work as well .But when I use the USB to serial port(TTL level),I can not programm correctly. Can you please tell me what is the issue here.1.jpg3.png2.png

PS: I have matched the corresponding serial port and baud rate(com11 and 115200),

The serial port tools can be transmitting and receiving correctly.

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

Thank you very much.. I am able to flash by using  USB to Serial on PD9 PD12 . The problem is my serial tool .

Regards

YangJing 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello 13226508@qq.com‌,

Well, is strange if the data transmission works using your external USB to Serial after the elf started to run, but on the bootloader is not ok. Normally, the serial connection is point to point so in any case, adding another usb to serial on the same line should cause problems on the line. 

To help you, I can  propose another way, already discussed here: Why does the example model from MBDT not work?. If you have no constraints regarding the pins, you can use the LIN0(PB2 and PB3) instead LIN1. For that you simply flash on the board the MPC5744P.rbf file located in src\tools\BootLoader\RBF_Files, and use the PB2 and PB3 pins. 

For more info please follow the thread mentioned. 

Hope this helps, 

Marius

0 Kudos
Contributor III

Hello Marius,

Thank you for your reply, 

My problem is similar with Why does the example model from MBDT not work?  When I  flash on the board the MPC5744P.rbf file , and use the PB2 and PB3 pins, but the openSDA and RS232 both can not work .When I flash MPC5744P_DEVKIT.rbf file, openSDA works fine ,but  RS232 can not work all the same.what should I do?

Thank you previously.

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello 13226508@qq.com‌,

If I understand correctly, your current status is the following:

• the MPC5744P_DEVKIT.rbf works on OpenSDA, LIN1, but not on PD9 PD12 using USBtoSerial.
  • the MPC5744P.rbf works on PB2 and PB3 pins using your USBtoSerial on LIN0

You want to use the USBtoSerial on PD9 and PD12 while the OpenSDA is running. I think there is a sort of interference between them and also on the RX and TX lines there are also level shifters so they can also cause problems in idle state or so.

Is my status right?

If you are planning in the future to create a custom board layout and use the MPC5744P if there is only a straight connection between rx and tx lines on LIN 1 between the controller and you USB to Serial it will work without problems. 

Waiting for your response, 

Marius

Contributor III

Hi Marius,

Thank you very much.. I am able to flash by using  USB to Serial on PD9 PD12 . The problem is my serial tool .

Regards

YangJing