cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXON EPOS4 Communication

C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

Hi,

Has anyone been able to successfully communicate with a MAXON EPOS4 CANopen motor controller, deploying code via the NXP MBDT Simulink toolbox?

If so, would it be possible for the followed steps to be published?

Thanks,

Crispin

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @C_Zuercher_APR ,

Personally, I've never used the mentioned MAXON EPOS4 CANopen motor controller. Let's hope that we have some members of our community that used your motor and can help.

Can you please detail a bit your setup? I mean, you want to connect the MPC5744P to EPOS4 via Serial or CAN and want to send some commands?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

@mariuslucianand 

I've worked out the CANopen requirements and I'm simply going to write Simulink code such that the correct messages are sent at the correct time. The only issue I'm having is that I need to be able to read a CAN Message with a data packet length of 1 byte (heartbeat monitor) send by the MAXON motor controller.

Is there a way of reading in a CAN message with a data packet length less than 8 bytes?

Thanks,

Crispin

0 Kudos

C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

Of course; I have an NXP MPC5744P DEVKIT Board and a MAXON EPOS4 70/15 Motor Controller connected to the CAN Bus, which I'd like to control a MAXON BLDC motor in position mode (there's an encoder on the back of the motor).

I wish to receive various bits of information back on the CAN Bus, such as motor current, speed and position, as well as transmitting a position demand to it.

Thanks,

Crispin

0 Kudos