Issue to read pack current using (FRDM33771BTPL and FRDM33664BEVB) with a single TPL Device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue to read pack current using (FRDM33771BTPL and FRDM33664BEVB) with a single TPL Device

Jump to solution
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Hi @mariuslucianand,

I received the BMS development kits for (SPI 6-cells and TPL 14-cells) options. Meanwhile I am still waiting for the second device of TPL chain. I tried the SPI 6-cells BMS and the measure output results are working as expected. I can read "packvoltage, packcurrent, 6-cells voltage and NTC temperature. 

In addition, I tested the TPL 14-cells with a single device and able to measure up to 14-cells voltage value, total Packvoltage and NTC temperature too. Apart from that, I have some issue to read the pack current (See attached - Single_TPL..., BMS_Single...., Single_MC33771TPL.slx and .pmpx). The packcurrent on freemaster always displayed at "0". I was wondering whether my 33771BTPL or 14emulator hardware failure? or my Simulink wrong settings?  I checked the resistance for each of the hardware slider using a multimeter. Since, I was able to read all the 14 cells voltage except the pack current. @mariuslucianand, I hoping that on your side can try to run the device test for my Simulink R2018B file.

However, 6 cells SPI setup has no issue to read all the parameters. (See-attached: Single SPI.....)

I read the following tutorials to ensure that I can properly configured all the hardware wire connection: 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/BMS-amp-MBDT-MC33771B-MC33772B-SPI-communi...

https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/BMS-amp-MBDT-MC33771B-MC33772B-TPL-communi...

and the UM1143 for the 33664 jumper wire connections.

Thanks for your helping @mariuslucianand . I look forward to hearing from your reply.

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

I made the simple mistake to set the second device instead of one device on the MC3377xB_Config. So my problem is solved.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @NPXLONG ,

I am glad that your issue is now solved!

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

I made the simple mistake to set the second device instead of one device on the MC3377xB_Config. So my problem is solved.

Regards