cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Bootloader for S12ZVML MINIBRD

basilmathew
Contributor III

Hello ,

Could some body tel me how to install boot loader to the S12ZVML MINIBRD . This is for MODEL BASED DESIGN toolbox recommendation .

Tried to Load the RBF file from the MCT folder but failed . 

8 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi basilmathew@alemadi.com.qa‌,

To have the capability to download the code automatically from Simulink to the NXP target you need to flash a bootloader on the actual microcontroller. This bootloader can be flashed with the CW for MCU using a JTAG probe. You need to do this only once since the bootloader is resident in the flash. Later on – this bootloader will allow you to load code directly from USB or CAN interfaces into the microcontroller memory.

Below is the overview of the process:

pastedImage_2.png

#1: Install NXP CodeWarrior 10.7 or newer from the official page here

#2: Create a bareboard stationary project for the MCU you are using:

pastedImage_3.png

#3: Open the Flash File menu and select the RBF file associated for that MCU

pastedImage_4.png

#4: Make sure the JTAG connection is configured correctly and click on ERASE and Program button

Once the RBF is flashed into the MCU memory then you can download the code automatically from Simulink or from RappID bootloader UI.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

ngoctuhoang
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

in Code Warrior (Version: 11.0.1) where can I find the "#3: Open the Flash File menu and select the RBF file associated for that MCU"?

I tried under "Debug Configuration", but somehow I can not flash the "S12ZVM.rbf"

CW_BareBoard.PNG

I use the S12ZVM Mini Board, without an external debugger-HW.

(all Jumpers are in default positions)

S12Z_MiniBoard.jpg

When I try to flash the bootloader with "RAppID Boot Loader Utility"

rbf_RAppIDBL_error.PNG

What do I need to flash the bootloader?

Many thanks

Tony

0 Kudos

ngoctuhoang
Contributor II

Hello,

I can find now " Flash File menu" and It works! :smileyhappy:

Flash_programmer.PNG

Tony

0 Kudos

thomsonzhou
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I have a question for the s12ZVM Mini Board for my motor. Why the board can be detected and connected with OSBDM cable but the SCI cable (usb2serial port) failed?

The usb virtual serial port has been tested and the dirver work great. I can use the serial port software to test the 

serial port work in great condition.

Let me know if you know how to configure the usb2serial cable and makes the computer detect the ml128 mini board.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello thomsonzhou‌,

This might be due to jumper configuration on your board.pastedImage_1.jpg

Can you try setting J6 and J8 to 2-3 position, as described in the photo above and then test SCI?

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

thomsonzhou
Contributor III

I installed the universial CP2102 usb2sci Driver with j6 2-3, j8 2-3 and j5 placed.

The baud rate is set to 9600. 

My serial adapter is based on CH340, thus I also installed usb2serial port driver named CH340.

And fully tested with the serial port software. And it works no any problem. 

Thus I really do not konw, how to use serial cable to connect with the ML128 MINI board. 

Need your help.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos

thomsonzhou
Contributor III

Hi Razvan, 

I did exactly according to your above configuration. But the usb2SCI port communication still does not work. 

I just installed the SCI driver for CP2012. But the desktop still could not detect the ML128 MINI BOARD. 

0 Kudos

basilmathew
Contributor III

Dear Daniel ,

Thank you very much .

BL flashed successfully . 

Regards,

Basil