cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure it correctly to receive CAN messages through MBDT S32K

Jump to solution
bearman_m
Contributor II

Attached is the program I wrote. And I can send messages correctly. However, I want to receive many messages from 3 CAN buses. And I only wrote a section of CAN0 RX, but I cannot receive any message content. I don't know why.
How can i correctly use this blocks to receive many messages correctly?

And if have many messages, which are more than message buffers i have , how can i  receive these messages?

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello bearman.m ,

I will take a look at your model a bit later, but for now I want to address your other question - you can receive messages from all range of possible IDs using just 1 single MB - all you have to do is set the corresponding acceptance filter (ID + mask). However, if you want to have a hardware trigger for more independent ranges, then you will use more MBs. You will have to set each of them with the according acceptance filter. This will be limited by the number of MB you have available on the hardware itself. However, this limit is only for how many independent interrupts can be generated; the number of IDs from which you can receive messages is not limited (as explained earlier, 1 MB can be used to accept from the entire range of available IDs).

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello bearman.m ,

I will take a look at your model a bit later, but for now I want to address your other question - you can receive messages from all range of possible IDs using just 1 single MB - all you have to do is set the corresponding acceptance filter (ID + mask). However, if you want to have a hardware trigger for more independent ranges, then you will use more MBs. You will have to set each of them with the according acceptance filter. This will be limited by the number of MB you have available on the hardware itself. However, this limit is only for how many independent interrupts can be generated; the number of IDs from which you can receive messages is not limited (as explained earlier, 1 MB can be used to accept from the entire range of available IDs).

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
bearman_m
Contributor II

I have solved this problem. As you said, 1 MB can be used to accept from the entire range of available IDs. 

Thank you very much for your answers ! 

0 Kudos