How to Disable I/O Pins Not High-Z By Default?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Disable I/O Pins Not High-Z By Default?

Jump to solution
rsating
Contributor III

Hello:

If we want to use I/O pins hat are not high-Z by default for a different purpose (for example, for LPSPI1_PCS0, see row 67 in the worksheet below) how do we do that in NXP MBDT?

If I try to assign the pin "PTD3" for that purpose, it doesn't work.

That specific pin (and many others) are used by the FRDMDUAL33664EVB evaluation board, which we are using in conjunction with S32K144, a board-pair designed to work together, which suggests there must be a way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

pins-not-disabled-by-default.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rsating
Contributor III

I discovered in S32DS the "Pin Mux" setting lets us choose the ALT3 signal mapping to PTD3 for the multiplexer, see below.  Is there a way to do this when generating an application in MBDT?  Or, do we need to load the project into S32DS where this setting can be changed, in order for LPSPI1_PCS0 to be able to connect to PTD3? 

S32DS_pin-mux-settings.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rsating
Contributor III

I discovered in S32DS the "Pin Mux" setting lets us choose the ALT3 signal mapping to PTD3 for the multiplexer, see below.  Is there a way to do this when generating an application in MBDT?  Or, do we need to load the project into S32DS where this setting can be changed, in order for LPSPI1_PCS0 to be able to connect to PTD3? 

S32DS_pin-mux-settings.png

0 Kudos
rsating
Contributor III

I was able to get SPI Master to work through pins used by the FRDMDUAL33664EVB evaluation board:

TPL1TXDATA PTB16/LPSPI1_SOUT
TPL1TXSCLK PTB14/LPSPI1_SCK
TPL1+2TXCSB PTD3

Confirmed with an oscilloscope:

Rigol_SPI_TPL-message-SPI-1.png

And similarly, was able to see the 48-bit message propagate onto the TPL wire pair.

It may be that help from other questions contributed to getting through this problem.

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @rsating ,

In MBDT we do not offer support for selecting the muxing GPIO settings, just because we don't have such component like PEX, the one that you show in the last screenshot, something like a dedicated pin muxing block.

Instead of that, we check to have each pin assigned to a single peripheral only, and we generate the pins C code initialization with settings for that peripheral. All our peripherals config blocks, have a 'Pins' drop down selection, from which you can select the desired pin and that block will generate assign the Alt mux option directly in C code.

For example, all the hardware CS pins of the SPI blocks, can be assigned from the LPSPI_Config block. The drop down options will be displayed dynamically with options available for the selected instance. If you want to use the PD3 as CS0 for the LPSPI 1, you have to select the PD3 as PCS0.

mariuslucianand_0-1606779367074.png

This will automatically generate in the C code the mux that you are looking for.

mariuslucianand_1-1606779408092.png

For the BMS TPL Communication, we have an article on the Community, https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/BMS-amp-MBDT-MC33771B-MC33772B-TPL-communi... describing the scenario that you are interested in, alongside with example.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos