How the code generated by Simulink automatically imports S32DS POWER IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the code generated by Simulink automatically imports S32DS POWER IDE?

eautopower
Contributor IV

My MCU is MPC5744P,I now generate code that needs to be manually imported and recompiled. How can I automatically import the Simulink generated code into IDE and compile it? Can you tell me how to write the relevant m functions, or do you have a reference to the related demo?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi eautopower‌,

The main problem here is that S32DS for Power Architecture IDE allows project importing only as:

- Existing Project Into Worskpace

- ProjectInfo.xml Importer

pastedImage_1.png

Due to project complexity we have choose (based on the feedback we have received from S32DS Team) to use the XML import option.

Unfortunately, the S32DS does not have a scripting interface (or at least i'm not aware off) to allow IDE commands automation, in order to go thru automatically via all various options to import and build the project.

It might be possible using an external plug it such as RCP Testing Tool (RCPTT) to control the IDE (i'm not sure if S32DS supports all classes needed by RCP). If that is doable - then you&us could potentially modify the mbd_pnt.tmf

to run a command (start a script) via the makefile as post build.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

eautopower
Contributor IV

hello:

Now I have imported the project, but the project can't be compiled,

The error:

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH
PATH=[D:/Freescale/S32_Power_v1.1/eclipse/jre/bin/client;D:/Freescale/S32_Power_v1.1/eclipse/jre/bin;D:/Freescale/S32_Power_v1.1/eclipse/jre/lib/i386;D:\ProgramFiles\MATLAB\MATLABR2015a\bin\win64;D:\Perl\site\bin;D:\Perl\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;D:\ProgramFiles\MATLAB\MATLABR2015a\runtime\win64;D:\ProgramFiles\MATLAB\MATLABR2015a\bin;D:\ProgramFiles\MATLAB\MATLABR2015a\polyspace\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\xxy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;D:\Program Files (x86)\ECUCoder for MPC5744Pa;]

The M function :

eclipseide.open('the Project path');

If I manually import-->Existing Project into Workspace-->choose 'the Project path' to IDE, there is no problem. Why?

PS:can't paste the picture.

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

eclipseide.open('the Project path');

If I manually import-->Existing Project into Workspace-->choose 'the Project path' to IDE, there is no problem. Why?

Can you show us the m-script where you try to open the project into Eclipse ?

Perhaps the S32Design Studio does not support the whole functionality. Keep in mind that S32DS is an implementation on top of standard Eclipse and some of the project are custom to the S32DS. 

This might explain why it works when you are doing the import manually - you are using a different S32DS functionality than the one exposed via command line. Anyhow - this can only be confirmed by the guys from S32DS support.

For "picture issue" you could use Advance Editor

pastedImage_1.png

and then: insert picture

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

eautopower
Contributor IV

hello: 

is there no way to slove the problem?

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Could you possibly post here the content of your PATH variable in S32DS?

Just go to project properties -> C/C++ Build -> Environment -> PATH -> Edit

pastedImage_1.png

Please select and copy all the variable content and paste it here.

Could you also attach your xml file?

This will help us to resolve this issue much faster.

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos

pg31321
Contributor III

I Have the same problem.

This is my set up.error.jpg

My "path" is disappear.

How can I create it?

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi eautopower‌,

Unfortunately, it is not up to us (Model-Based Design Toolbox) to resolve the issue in the S32DS. Those are internal stuff related with Design Studio which we can't control from MATLAB. 

Since it works when you import it manually it seems that that generated project contains all that is needed. Automatic import/open seems to on a separate internal branch that cause the issue.

stanish,

Can you have a look into this ? It looks like a S32DS issue.

Thank you!

Daniel 

0 Kudos

eautopower
Contributor IV

hello:

I found that the project is open with the 'eclipseide.open' function,but  the project environment is the most original setting, like the compiler is not useful for MPC5744P. and the include is null

无标题.png

however,the manually import the project,all seting is ok,

无标题.png

How can I import MPC5744P related settings directly and effectively?

0 Kudos