Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I solve the problem of Freemaster communication

Jump to solution
wangxuan
Contributor III

Hi,

I've successfully compiled kv4xf_ftm_DualEdgeCapture.mdl in the mctbx_Kinetis folder, got the .mot file and the .elf file using the IAR compiler, but the download to the evaluation board failed and I do not know why it failed. My choice is through OpenSDA, I wrote the OpenSDA Driver Name, and consistent with the disk name, but appeared in the screenshot of the error, the problem is where?
In addition, there was a problem with my evaluation board communicating with freeMaster. I wanted to communicate via Direct RS232 because I did not have the conversion module for USB2CAN, but there was a problem with the screenshot. What should I do? Thank you.

Best regards,
wangxuan

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_8.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_7.png

1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello wangxuan‌,

If you want to connect the FreeMaster to the HVP-KV46F15 board trough OpenSDA, according to this document you  need to select UART1 PTC3/PTC4.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Unfortunately, as I said before, I don't have such board to test the freeMaster connection.

Best regards, 

Marius

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello wangxuan‌,

For solving the problem regarding the download to the evaluation board you need to modify the config information the name "HVP-KV46F15" with the "G" letter (the mounted drive letter) like in the following image:

pastedImage_2.jpg

If this is not working, you can also copy/paste the generated "kv4xf_ftm_DualEdgeCapture.mot" file in the "G" mounted drive. 

For the FreeMaster connection, you need to choose the right interface between UART0 and UART1 and the correct pins on which you have the physical serial connection between the board and computer. I assume you are using HVP-KV46F150M board. Unfortunately I dont't have such board to test on, but as far as i understand from the example source code, you should choose the UART0 with PTB16 as RX and PTB17 as TX like in the following image:

pastedImage_3.jpg

Hope this helps, 

Marius

0 Kudos
wangxuan
Contributor III

Hi,Marius

Thanks for your help, I wrote OpenSDA Driver Name as "G" to solve the problem of unsuccessful download. But I follow the instructions you gave to change the configuration of FreeMASTER to UART0 with PTB16 as RX and PTB17 as TX, but the same connection problem still exists before, what else can I try to solve the problem? Thank you.

Best regards,

wangxuan

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello wangxuan‌,

If you want to connect the FreeMaster to the HVP-KV46F15 board trough OpenSDA, according to this document you  need to select UART1 PTC3/PTC4.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Unfortunately, as I said before, I don't have such board to test the freeMaster connection.

Best regards, 

Marius

wangxuan
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

Thank you for your help, you provide the solution is correct, I choose the configuration of FreeMASTER to UART1 with PTB3 as RX and PTB4 as TX, then the HVP-KV46F150 control board and FreeMASTER communication, and I made the necessary changes,Because before I put the system clock frequency wrong, I chose the System Clock Frequency to 150MHz, the XTAL Frequency to 10MHz, when I were changed to 120MHz and 8MHz, the normal communication, I do not know why, I thought my HVP-KV46F150 System Clock Frequency is 150MHz, the following is a modified picture, for others reference it.

At the same time, I also realized that it is very important to read the application manual of the evaluation board, thank you once again.

Best regards,

wangxuan

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_3.png