How can I configure FTM_PWM_Config block?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure FTM_PWM_Config block?

Jump to solution
utkuckmgl
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a problem with FTM_PWM_Config block in simulink. When I try to add FTM_PWM_Config block from library to my simulink model, program is freezing and in Matlab Command Window thousand of this message type; Failure in mbd_s32k_isr_priority_cbk: Index exceeds the number of array elements (0). I waited about 8-10 minutes and block has added to my model but this time I can not change source clock or output pin configurations of block. How can I fix this problems?FTM_PWM_block_fail.PNGOutputSignalFail.PNGSourceClockFail.PNG

1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello utkuckmgl@gmail.com,

Try to first add the main configuration block into your model, then put any other blocks. It should have shown a message warning you for this instead of the rest of the errors you get - I will investigate and fix it for the next release.

Thank you for reporting this.

pastedImage_2.png

Kind regards,

Razvan.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello utkuckmgl@gmail.com‌,

constantinrazvan.chivu is right.

I also think that before starting developing your model from scratch, you should have a look at one of our examples delivered with the toolbox. Based on your screenshot, the ftm_complementary_pwm_s32k14x.mdl is the closest to your scenario.

Try running up this and see if you have any errors.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

utkuckmgl
Contributor III

Hello mariuslucianandrei

I could run up this example and has no problem, thank you both constantinrazvan.chivu and mariuslucianandrei. But I have one more issue. I want to control LED with potentiometer. I'm using S32k148 development kit and as I read from datasheet, PTE21-22-23 are the LED pins. I modelled a design as below, I chose pot pin(PTC28) for ADC input but I can't choose LED pins for FTM_PWM_Config output pin. Dropdown items are PTB14,PTC2 and PTD0, include none of LED pins. Can you also help me for this?Ftm_Pwm_Config.PNG

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You will have to connect with a wire the output of the PWM to the LED you want to control.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
utkuckmgl
Contributor III

Hello constantinrazvan.chivu‌,

I want to control directly internal LED on chip, that's why I thought that I need to configure the output of FTM_PWM_Config output to internal LED pin

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello utkuckmgl@gmail.com‌,

On the S32K148 there are 8 modules of FTM and output pins differs for each instance. So, if you need to choose the PE21,PE22 and PE23, you have to change the PWM module from module 0 to module 4.

pastedImage_1.png

Now, if you enable the first two pairs, (0-1) and (2-3) You will be able to directly select the required pins.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

utkuckmgl
Contributor III

Hello mariuslucianandrei‌,

Thank you for this information, it's very clear, I'm appreciated.

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try to first add the main configuration block into your model, then put any other blocks. It should have shown a message warning you for this instead of the rest of the errors you get - I will investigate and fix it for the next release.

Thank you for reporting this.

pastedImage_2.png

Kind regards,

Razvan.

utkuckmgl
Contributor III

Hello Constantin Razvan Chivu,

Yes, this works, thank you

0 Kudos