Freemaster with MPC5744P: Can not detect the board information ! The communication will be paused. Error code: 0x80000101 (Response timeout)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster with MPC5744P: Can not detect the board information ! The communication will be paused. Error code: 0x80000101 (Response timeout)

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hi NXP team,

I use hardware "DEVKIT-MPC5744P REV.E.", My Aim to use software Model-Based Design Tools and  Freemaster.

Firstly, I use SOFTWARE INTEGRATION GUIDE (SWIG) document and I run a very simple c-program. It works fine without any problem and RGB LEDs blinks as expected see the attached file blinking the red LED.

After that, I tried to get the first MBD-example using V3-INPUT-GPIO: GPIO Programming.

The Model (see the attached file GPIO_read.slx) is compiled and downloaded on the DEVKIT-MPC5744P Board but unfortunately, there is no reaction on FreeMaster and I got the following error Error code 0x80000101 with the following Massege:

Can not detect the board information ! The communication will be paused. Error code: 0x80000101 (Response timeout)

I checked the tips which is mentioned under following questions but unfortunately no success

·       Freemaster with MPC5744P: can not detect the board information 

·       Freemaster Can't detect the board information

·       Error code:0x80000101,How to solve this problem

·       No Connection with FreeMaster to MPC5744P Devkit

·       Motor Control Class: Lecture 3 - Input Commands

Right now, I use the following SW and HW:

My Matlab version is 2018b, S32 DS for Power Architecture version is 2.1 and Freemaster version is 2.0 and the used HW is MPC5744P Devkit is REV.E (new one).

Since all MBD-examples and trainings are based on the old versions of MPC5744P Devkit, do you have any new description for the configuration of the main jumpers of MPC5744P Devkit REV.E?

Please help me to deal with this problem

Labels (3)
19 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @eCarMaker 

I have attached a FreeMaster exmple successfully tested on MPC5744P revE.

So, you are using the 3.0.0 TBX version. The bootloader is working? I mean do you download the code using the RappId Bootloader, or do you download it using S32DS?

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Marius,

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

A: I have downloaded the code using the RappId Bootloader, see the pictures. I didn't generate a new code. I just used the application file fm_mpc574x.mot 

pastedImage_1.png

after that I opened the FreeMaster project but unfortunately no success

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_4.png

B: I tried also using the model. I opend it and generated the code and I got on the diagnostic viewer of Matlab  

*** Created executable: fm_mpc574x.mot
### Successful completion of build procedure for model: fm_mpc574x

after that the code is downloaded automatically using RAppID Bootloader

pastedImage_1.png

after that I opened a new FreeMaster project but unfortunately no success too

======================================================================

1- Could you Please put a picture of MPC5744P revE, perhaps the problem is related to the configuration of the jumpers.

2- Could you please attache another example e.g. RGB blinker.

Many thanks in advance !

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @eCarMaker 

This is the picture with my board. I also tried with the FreeMaster 3.0 and it worked. 

Have you tried on another pc? Also, change the cable and the USB port we had similar issues before.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Marius,

Many thanks again for your help.

I tried with another USB cable and with another USB port. I faced the same problem. I haven't  tried on another PC yet. I've attache three pictures of my board.

1- If I provide the board with an external power supply, which jumper should be reconfigured?

2- Could you please attach a new example to blink the RGB LED on the board. In this case FreeMaster is not needed, but this will help me just to check if the compilation and flashing are working well and as expected.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @eCarMaker 

I attached a mot file that toggles the RGB led BLUE. If you press the SW1 it toggles Green, SW2 toggles the RED color.

I attached the link to the schematics. To switch to the external power supply you need to change the J43 J44 J45.

pastedImage_2.png

You can also try to generate an UART example.

Hope this helps,

Marius

[1] https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/schematics/SCH-29333-E.pdf 

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Marius,

Thank you very much for your time.

l flashed gpio_mpc574x.mot using RAppID Bootloader, but unfortunately no success.

After that I changed the jumpers 43,44 and 45 to the position 2-3, see the attached pictures. Then I plugged in the external power supply  and flashed again the first attached  c-program "Blinking the red RGB LED" using S32 DS. It worked as expected. 

Then I flashed again gpio_mpc574x.mot, also no success.

It is really strange. It turned out that the application file is not flashed into MCU.

1- Ist there any method to flash the application file gpio_mpc574x.mot using S32 DS?

2- The version of my Board is E1 not E. Is there any changes between E and E1?

Best regards

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @eCarMaker 

So now we you are facing two problems:

1. No, the bootloader seems is not flashing the code correctly. To be sure that the bootloader has been flashed correctly (after reset) please flash using the S32DS other bootloader version, for example the one without RevE. and then flash again using S32DS the right rbf flash. This will erase the old bootloader and will assure us that you are running the bootloader correctly.

2. For the FreeMaster communication issue, I think that you can find more support on this FreeMASTER community.  

To be sure that the problem is not caused by the USB port, I suggested before, you can try running an UART example communication on the same pins UART1 PB2/PB3, both directions.

Regarding the version, on the board that I am testing, the label is SCH-29333 REV E1 :smileygrin: so I think we have the same board version. Please try attaching a mot and freemaster project generated from you computer to test it on my board.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Marius,

Thanks for your answer.

Regarding to point 1: Could you please send me those two rbf files which should I flash them, just to make sure that these files are already tested on the version E.

Regrading to point 2: I will checkFreeMASTER.

I have attached the GPIO_RGB_Blinker.slx, GPIO_RGB_Blinker.mot, GPIO_RGB_Blinker.map, GPIO_RGB_Blinker.elf and GPIO_RGB_Blinker.pmp (FreeMaster)

Best Regards

eCar German

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @eCarMaker 

I've tested your mot file and FreeMaster project and it works on my RevE board.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_1.png

Now, for the bootloader please flash the rbf attached, firstly, MPC574xP_S32DS_UART1_CAN0_OpenSDA.rbf and finally MPC574xP_S32DS_UART0_CAN0_OpenSDA_RevE.rbf. This is the right one for the RevE.

Now, you can also try to use the FreeMaster 2.0 instead 3.0. But if you completed the flashing and the led is blinking, then the problem is with the serial connection. Can you try, the freeMaster connection on another PC? You don't need to reprogram the board, just install the FreeMaster and test the connection.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @eCarMaker 

For the freeMaster problem, the  current examples work on pins PD9/PD12 while on the MPC5744P rev E, the OpenSDA uses the Serial configured on PB2/PB3. Have you tried using this? 

Also, I assume that you have successfully programmed the MPC5744PrevE board, so you used the rbf attached here https://community.nxp.com/thread/509064?commentID=1211928&et=notification.mention#comment-1211928.

Can you tell us which version of MBD Toolbox are you using?

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hello mariuslucianandrei‌,

I'm using MPC5744P Rev B with Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx Series 3.2.0, I tried both serial0 on pins PB2/PB3 and serial1 on pins PD9/PD12 but failed in Freemaster.

Met the same problem: Can not detect the board information.

pastedImage_3.png

I've tried what you said in this communication but it doesn't work.

And I wonder if there is another way to use Freemaster just by S32DS without matlab simulink.

Regards,

Kisen

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello 641679783@qq.com‌,

For the Rev B the pins for the FreeMaster are indeed on the PD9 and PD12.

Maybe the generated code is not running on your board. You can try the following approaches:

1. First run one of our examples from the toolbox that uses FreeMaster to see that your connection works.

2. Were you able to flash the board correctly?

3. If you are trying with your own model, please add a blink LED instruction on the main model space to be sure that the model runs.

Waiting for your reply,

Marius

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hello mariuslucianandrei‌,

Thanks for your help.In fact, I'm using the example in the MBDT called adc_internal_temp_mpc574xP.

It's really weird that I can both flash by S32DS and simulink before, but in this example I can only connect Freemaster successfully by importing the generated code in simulink to S32DS, and then build and debug.

Anyway now I solved the problem.

But I still have a question, do I have to use simulink to add FreeMaster Config block like that if I want to connect with Freemaster?

pastedImage_3.png 

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @641679783 

Yes, to use the FreeMaster functionality, you have to include the FreeMaster Config block in your model. This will include all the c files needed to make the FreeMaster functional and will configure the Serial or the CAN instance that will be used for the packages to be exchanged between the host application and the embedded target. But most important, will configure the way in which the FreeMaster will run: Polling, Short interrupts or Long interrupts.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Marius,

Many thanks for your reply.  

• I tried again with the proper config of FreeMaster for MPC5744P rev E, see the attached pictures

FreeMasterConfig.PNG

FreeMasterConfig_01.PNG

I attached also screenshots of MBD_Toolbox Config block for MPC574x

MBD_Toolbox Config block for MPC574x_01.PNG

MBD_Toolbox Config block for MPC574x_02.PNG

• I also compared the attached RFB with used RFB file. They are identical. 
  • The used version of MBD Toolbox (in command window of Matlab 2018b I got the following message)

Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx Series         Version 3.0.0       (R2017a-R2018b) "

Unfortunately, I have got the same error "Can not detect the board information"

pastedImage_322.png

Many thanks for your help

Regards

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @eCarMaker 

Another thing you can try is to set the FreeMaster mode from poll driven to Short interrupt. 

pastedImage_1.png

I am not able to download the zip attached because of my antivirus (please add a password to the archive).

Now, you can also try to increase the Step Tick priority. The thing is that the step time of the model is triggered by the PIT channel 0: the isr priority is quite low, please increase it. Also, if the frequency of the step time is high the step time will not be able to work properly. Using the short interrupt might solve your problem. 

pastedImage_2.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

ykarata1
Contributor IV

Hello mariuslucianandrei‌ and @eCarMaker ‌

I had the same problem which is I could program the DEV_KIT with MATLAB and could not connect with FreeMaster. I have switched to Serial0 from Serial1 on FreeMaster Configuration and that has solved my issue.

I just wanted to announce that by hoping that may help some others.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ykarata1 

I'm glad that this discussion helped you! That's very nice of you to share it with us! 

I think you are using the MPC5744P rev E.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Marius,

Thanks for your support.

I did what you proposed but unfortunately no success. 

pastedImage_4.png

I tried also using FreeMASTER Connection Wizard and I have got 

pastedImage_5.png

Best regards

0 Kudos