cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster not showing waveform

aniket_bagade
Contributor III

Hi mariuslucianandrei

i try to give sinusoidal signal to FTM_PWM_Config block and i am expecting variable PWM outputs.on oscilloscope i can see variable PWM pulses but i am not able to see anything in freemaster means i can locate a output variable in freemaster but it is not showing any value also oscilloscope in freemaster is not showing any sine waveform.

contrarary, if i gave constant as input to FTM_PWM_Config block i can see constant value on freemaster oscilloscope. 

what could be the problem?

Capture5.PNG

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello aniket.bagade@external.hella.com‌,

Before answering your questions, just two clarifications: 

1. Firstly, the PWM signals will not be generated unless you check the 'Start PWM signals generation immediately after initialization', like in the following image attached. This option is used in the Motor Control Application in order to start the signals at a certain moment at run time. Checking this, the signals are generated when the PWM is initialized. If you need to start later during execution, you need to use the 'FTM_PWM_Disable_Enable' Block.

pastedImage_1.png

2. Secondly, the inputs of the blocks represents the duty cycle of the signals, and must be provided as floats, values between 0.0 and 1.0, representing 0% duty cycle and 100% duty cycle.

Now, as far as i understand,your problem is related with FreeMaster. I have attached a similar example that uses the sine block to generate a sinus and to provide that values to the PWM block.  I declared the variable A as single  data type and volatile, to be easier to find in the FreeMaster. You can see the scope attached.  

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps, 

Marius

0 Kudos