cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing S32K144 with PEMicro Multilink from Toolbox

Jump to solution
ruihang_wu
Contributor III

We are building a controller using S32K core on a custom board. The board will not have OpenSDA implemented. My question is is there a way to flash the MCU via the JTAG header from the Toolbox directly? Or flash the .mot or .elf file without creating a project in S32DS?

Currently I am developing on the evaluation board and my workflow is build the model using the toolbox in simulink, generate the code, create a new project in S32DS using the ProjectInfo.xml importer, set the target and library link, and finally flash the board using the flash from file option and the multilink debugger. I have to import a new project in S32DS every time I make changes in the simulink model.

I'm looking for any way to streamline this process.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ruihang.wu@magna.com‌,

Unfortunately, we do not support flashing the board directly from our toolbox over JTAG.

The toolbox comes with two ways of code deployment: one is the OpenSDA, which you are already familiar with and the other is using RappID bootloader, which requires flashing once over the JTAG from S32DS the bootloader and then the code will be deployed over Serial UART connection. This requires an USB to serial converter on the UART pins set in the Bootloader.

For the S32DS, the method you are using right now, if you are not debugging the code on the board, you don't have to import the generated code every time. You can use the Flash option,  set a debug configuration project with the right settings for flashing the board, Disable auto build and select the generated elf that you want to flash. In the window below is how to flash the Bootloader but you can replace the .rbf file with the generated elf file.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PradipMali
Contributor I

I am also facing same issue, I am using same methods you shown in above pictures 

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Does any of the methods presented above helps you?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
ruihang_wu
Contributor III

Thank you for following up.

Yes I tried the flashing from the .elf file and everything works great on the EVB. We will most likely go with this approach on the custom board.

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, we do not support flashing the board directly from our toolbox over JTAG.

The toolbox comes with two ways of code deployment: one is the OpenSDA, which you are already familiar with and the other is using RappID bootloader, which requires flashing once over the JTAG from S32DS the bootloader and then the code will be deployed over Serial UART connection. This requires an USB to serial converter on the UART pins set in the Bootloader.

For the S32DS, the method you are using right now, if you are not debugging the code on the board, you don't have to import the generated code every time. You can use the Flash option,  set a debug configuration project with the right settings for flashing the board, Disable auto build and select the generated elf that you want to flash. In the window below is how to flash the Bootloader but you can replace the .rbf file with the generated elf file.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos