EVB-S32K144 No board detected using FreeMASTER Version 2.0.8.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVB-S32K144 No board detected using FreeMASTER Version 2.0.8.0

ddelriog
Contributor I

Please, your help.  I have the following problem: In the application "FreeMASTER Version 2.0.8.0 (Windows 20)" when I run "Connection Wizard" I get the following message: " No board detected on any specified UART communication ports ".

Communication Debug Log : Detect done [ERROR code=0x80000101]

On Windows 10 Devices: COM / LPT : Open SDA-CDC Serial Port (http://www.pemicro.com/opensda(COM5)

I updated the SDA firmware  to MSD-DEBUG-EVB-S32K144_Pemicro_v119.SDA. from  : http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/index.cfm

But I get the same problem.

I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi petrfajmon-b17364‌,

Are you aware of any issues with FreeMASTER 2.0.8 and Win10?

ddelriog@gmail.com‌,

What kind of embedded application are you using? Have you tried the OOBE application and it does not work ? 

Just for clarification: the FreeMASTER is not going to detect the board if there is no FreeMASTER embedded driver support running on the MCU target.

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

t_weckheuer
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

I'm having the same issue as David.

"Can not detect board information ! (...) [ERROR code=0x80000101]" when starting Ctrl+F, after arranging the Project Options according to the QuickStart manual.

Running Connection Wizard -> Use direct connecxtion to on-board USB port ->UART: COM3 OpenSDA+ 115200/9600 Baud-rate results in Error: "No board detected on any of specified UART communication ports."

Hardware Information:
Board Name is: EVB-S32K144
MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.08
Bootloader Version is: 1.11      -> this was 1.13 out of the box IIRC (but that didn't work either)
Installed Application: PEMicro EVB-S32K144 Mass Storage/Debug App
Application Version is: 1.19

The application is the OOBE -> LED RGB Toggling. It is working from the beginning.

Software:

FreeMASTER 2.0.8.0 (comm.protocol v3+)

Steps I made to try and fix the connection problem:

- Manually installing PEMicro Drivers from their OpenSDA Support (after FreeMASTER didn'T recommend a COM)

- Trying FreeMaster 1.4
- Updating Bootloader: BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA
- Updating MSD: MSD-DEBUG-EVB-S32K144_Pemicro_v119.SDA

Nothing helped.

Do you need any further information?

How to get FreeMASTER embedded Driver support onto my s32k144EVB?

Best regards,
Tim

0 Kudos

t_weckheuer
Contributor I

Hi again,

I was able to establish a connection with the board by following your tip here: S32K144 board detection problem 

After I copy-pasted the BLDC_ClosedLoop_s32k14.mot into the S32K144 Mass Storage Driver and then try to communicate via FreeMASTER, I got:
board_connected.PNG

Unfortunately I couldn't follow the other steps, because the files behind the links are unavailable (for me):
https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/board-support-packages/S32K144EVB-OOBE-FreeMASTER-Firmware.zip 

https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/board-support-packages/S32K144EVB-OOBE-FreeMASTER-PC.zip 

I have the S32K144_EVB_Hello Project on my computer from the S32K144-QSP, isn't that at least the OOBE application?

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards,
Tim

0 Kudos

user8
Contributor I

Do you have a direct link to download BLDC_ClosedLoop_s32k14.mot ? The link to the blog post does not have a link to download the mot file.

0 Kudos

juliana_rojas30
Contributor III

Hello @user8 ,

When I had this issue, I used any file with .mot extension that I had and it worked. I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos

petrfajmon-b173
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi dumitrupopa‌,

no I am not aware abaout any communication issues in FreeMASTER 2.0.8 and Win10. JumpStart (OOBE) SW project  is working correctly.

Hi ddelriog@gmail.com,

please, share with us more details regarding your issue with Connection Wizard.

Best Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ddelriog@gmail.com‌,

The S32K14x 2018.R1 supports FreeMASTER version 2.0.7.x. We will investigate if there are any issues with 2.0.8.x versions (which was only made available ~2 weeks ago) - thank you for pointing out.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos