DataMemWrite and DataMemRead to access FlexRAM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataMemWrite and DataMemRead to access FlexRAM

Maciek
Contributor V

Can we write to and read from FlexRAM memory on S32k1xx using DataMemWrite and DataMemRead blocks ?

Thanks

Maciek

3 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Maciek‌,

The memory blocks DataMemRead and DataMemWrite, allows you on S32K access any memory memory address.

For example, the DataMemWrite Block allows you to write a Pointer Type value at the Address + Offset memory address.

pastedImage_4.png

This is the actual generated code

/* write to memory address */
{
<Pointer type> * address;
address = (<Pointer type> *) 0x%<Address + Offset>;
*(address) = <Input Value>;
}

However, I had a look on the S32SDK on the Flash Memory (Flash) Driver and I see that there is a driver that allows the user to write and read the memory as if dealing with an Eeprom using the flash_driver.c. If you have a short working example, I can add support to the functions you call directly from Simulink using custom code, the third method I've told you in the other thread. If not, just give me a few days to provide a working Simulink model.

Hope this helps,

Marius

Maciek
Contributor V

Thanks for Your quick response mariuslucianandrei,

I'm looking forward for Your example model!

I didn't start writing anything yet - I was still reading documentation.

If I understand correctly, there is a way of configuring and using EEPROM without flash_driver. The configuration can be done with appropriate settings of "advanced options" of the debugger in S32DS (program partition command). Then a structure with user data fields can be put directly in FlexRAM region. But this solution seems to have some disadvantages:

- at some point we have to 'exit' Matlab/Simulink and use S32DS

- we have to adjust/change the linker file (I think the linker file used by S32K1xx MBD toolbox has no definitions of FlexRAM regions)

- we still have to write 'driver blocks' for reading/writing the user data structure in FlexRAM

If I'm wrong with the above - please let me know.

In our application, we have non-volatile data that will be re-configured very rarely - so for this writing and reading FlexNVM would be sufficient. But we also have run-time data that need to be saved frequently - for this we need EEPROM functionality. In summary working EEPROM is enough to meet the customer requirements.

If You can prepare a very simple example model with Matlab Function blocks for initial configuration of memory partition and for reading and writing EEPROM (via configured FlexRAM; all of this using flash_driver) it would help us significantly.

Thanks for help

Maciek

gramirezv
Contributor III

I'm looking to do something similar, I haven't got to get working a short example on the S32 SDK yet.

An example Simulink model would be great to get us started, I'm pretty sure this is a useful feature to have.

Thanks a lot!

Gustavo

0 Kudos