Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA Config Block issues (MPC5744P)

Jump to solution
markusransberge
Contributor III

Hello once again,

I have some issues with the "DMA_Config" block of the MBDT for MPC5744P.

1) Using hex addresses with an alphabetic character at the end produces an exception:

pastedImage_1.png

This does not depend on letter case. Digits do work fine.

2) Using DMA channels 16-31 (which are not directly chooseable, but get set by Simulink if you choose CTU_0 FIFO 2, for example), results in a compilation error. "dma1_config.h" is missing. Pretty sure that should not happen.

pastedImage_2.png

Just letting you know and hoping for a fix.

Kind regards,

Markus R.

Tags (4)
1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi markusransberger‌,

First of all, I want to confirm we indeed had these issues, so thank you for letting us know !

I have provided you a hot fix for them in the attached zip.

You'll have to copy and replace the following files (get them from the zip):

{Root_Folder}\mbdtbx_pnt\mbdtbx_pnt\mbdtargetmainlibpnt.tlc

{Root_Folder}\mbdtbx_pnt\mbdtbx_pnt\mbd_pnt_ec_toolbox.slx

{Root_Folder}\mbdtbx_pnt\mbdtbx_pnt\mscripts\dma\mbd_pnt_dma_config_ch_num.p

Please let us know if you have further issues with this as we will add it to the hotfixes page -- so thank you for your effort in describing accurately the problems you uncovered.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi markusransberger‌,

First of all, I want to confirm we indeed had these issues, so thank you for letting us know !

I have provided you a hot fix for them in the attached zip.

You'll have to copy and replace the following files (get them from the zip):

{Root_Folder}\mbdtbx_pnt\mbdtbx_pnt\mbdtargetmainlibpnt.tlc

{Root_Folder}\mbdtbx_pnt\mbdtbx_pnt\mbd_pnt_ec_toolbox.slx

{Root_Folder}\mbdtbx_pnt\mbdtbx_pnt\mscripts\dma\mbd_pnt_dma_config_ch_num.p

Please let us know if you have further issues with this as we will add it to the hotfixes page -- so thank you for your effort in describing accurately the problems you uncovered.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

markusransberge
Contributor III

Hi constantinrazvan.chivu‌,

thank you for fixing this. This actually helped me a lot. (This saves a ton of RAM for my project.)

But I got one more request for the DMA function block: it would be nice if following would be possible:

Instead of stating a hex address as destination address you could simply type in a literal variable (data store) name and pass it as reference to the DMA init function. Just make it chooseable if you want to use it by reference or with an address.

I actually tested that by hard coding the variable (data store name) reference into the DMA configuration source file. And it compiled and worked, so it should be no big deal to pass him the string + "&" when generating the code.

This image should hopefully tell you what I'm talking about.

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you very much!

Markus Ransberger

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi markusransberger‌,

That is a good idea! Please keep 'em coming. We're really glad to see the community getting involved in shaping the future of this product.

I have not only taken notes of your request, but opened a feature request (AST-831 known internally) - that means it will be taken under consideration and may appear in the next release.

Kind regards,

Razvan Chivu.

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi markusransberger‌,

We are investigating this issue and options to fix it. For the moment i can confirm both as issues.

Thank you!

Daniel

0 Kudos