cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVKIT MPC5744P - Error for build model with Freemaster block

rafael_barbosa
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am using the DEVKIT MPC5744P with Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx Version 3.0.0

and I can not build the model with freemaster block.

pastedImage_1.png

Can you help me with this issue?

Please see the example model attached.

paulvlase

mariuslucianandrei

Kind Regards, Rafael

11 Replies

rafael_barbosa
Contributor IV

Dear mariuslucianandrei

Please see the log attached.

Kind Regards, Rafael

0 Kudos

rafael_barbosa
Contributor IV

In fact, I already have used the freemaster with this toolbox several times before.

I reinstalled the toolbox and the freemaster, but it is still not working. Strange.

Regarding the new version, I tried to use the toolbox new version, but some errors appeared in my project, so I decide to keep the MBD toolbox 3.0.0 with the patches and just go the newer version when I reach some baseline.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello rafael.barbosa@chassisbrakes.com‌,

When the code for the FreeMaster is generated, it has to find the address for the peripheral that is going to be used. for communication. So the program reads the address from a file that can be found here {AddOn Instalation Folder}\MPC_Platform_SDK\platform\devices\MPC5744P\include\MPC5744P.h

Now can you please check if the file exists, or if an application keeps this file in use? Because as far as I understand, the toolbox is not able to open this file.

Related to the latest version 3.2.0 what kind of error have you encountered? Installation, running or the models developed in the 3.0.0 were not able to run correctly with the 3.2.0?

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

rafael_barbosa
Contributor IV

Hello mariuslucianandrei,

Yes, the MPC5744P.h existis in the related toolbox folder.

I can build others models that does not have the Freemaster block.

Regarding the erros with the 3.2.0, from what I remember, there were build errors when generating the code.

Kind regards, Rafael

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Since I can not reproduce the mentioned behavior on my machine, and I believe that there is an app or something that is keeping the .h file from being opened by the FreeMaster scripts in Matlab, I will send you a patch for 3.0.0, only this time, that will work only on your machine. These files are not suitable for other MBDT versions, only for your installed MBDT for MC57xx version 3.0.0 which is obsolete. We strongly encourage our users to keep their toolboxes updated with our latest releases. And since we mentioned that, I am very interested to see the errors you got using our last MBDT for MPC 3.2.0. 

So, I will ask you first to backup the original files you have in  the 3.0.0 and replace the files as follows:

mbdtbx_mpc574x\mbdtbx_mpc574x\blocks\fm\fm_mpc574x_config.tlc

mbdtbx_mpc574x\mbdtbx_mpc574x\mscripts\fm\mbd_mpc574x_fmaster_info.p

What this patch does, it avoids opening the .hrequired file and includes a dependency in the FreeMaster source files.

I hope this solves for now the issue!

Regards,

Marius

rafael_barbosa
Contributor IV

Hello mariuslucianandrei‌,

Indeed these files solved the problem.

Thank you very much!!

Toolbox updating is on my radar, thank you for the support.

Kind Regards, Rafael

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am glad it works!

For the update to the latest version, keep us in the loop! We have to make it running on your machine too :smileygrin:

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you please tell me which version of Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx are you using? This can be easily find out by typing the ver command in Matlab. 

Because I tried to build your model and it looks like you are not using or latest MBDT version.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

rafael_barbosa
Contributor IV

Hello mariuslucianandrei‌,

I forgot to mention that.
Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx Version 3.0.0

Matlab 2018b

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please send me the entire log that Simulink provides in Diagnostic viewer, the problem is that I have installed the MPC57xx, added all the patches for 3.0.0 and for me the example builds with no warnings.

pastedImage_1.png

Waiting for your response,

Marius

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Oh, you are two versions behind... Let me see what I can do. I will come back with a response :smileygrin:

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos