cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code not Executing on MPC5744P DevKit

smuley
Contributor III

Hello all,

I recently purchased a MPC5744P DEVKIT from NXP and received the Rev E1. I flashed the bootloader with the the new RBF file provided here. This enabled me to flash the board directly via Simulink when using the NXP MBD toolbox.

However, my devkit is behaving wierdly now.I came across the following scenarios:

1) When i flash the devkit using Simulink, the flashing is successful. (i say successful because it shows all the steps in RAppID: erasing, and flashing percentage etc.). After flashing is complete, the code does not execute. I tried flashing the simple simlpe LED blinking example provided by NXP, but even that flashes successfully but does not execute.

2) When i import the code generated by Simulink for the LED blinking example in the S32 design studio (using XML import), build the project, and use the debug mode, even then the code flashes but does not execute.

3) When i open the S32 Design Studio LED blinking example, build the project and then flash it to the devkit, the flashing is successful and only then the code executes on the board.

I have tried the above three scenarios on two completely different computers and with freshly installed S32 Designed Studio and NXP MBD toolobx. 

Please let me know if anyone can help me fix this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Saurabh

3 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello smuley@tae.com‌,

Which MPC toolbox version are you using? Now, regarding the board, it is Rev 1 or Rev E1? Can you provide the info on the bottom of the board please?

LE: Sorry, I've seen that you said that you are trying on the Rev E1. What model have you tested? I was tested the gpio_mpc574x.mdl and with the .rbf from the link you attached, it worked fine. Have you changed any of the jumpers?

Best Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

smuley
Contributor III

Hello Marius,

Thank you for your response. I used the example model "gpio_mpc574x.mdl" for testing. I used the same model for the three scenarios above. All the jumper setting are same as another MPC5744P Rev E1 DevKit that i have and it is working fine with all the three scenarios above.

Regards,

Saurabh

m15871781742
Contributor II

Hello Saurabh

I have met the same problem with you.Have you solved this problem?

0 Kudos