Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download executable onto i.MX RT1010 EVK

Jump to solution
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

after building one of the examples from the toolbox or after building simple test model from scratch I can't download the code on the board. The RT1010 EVK kit is attached (all factory settings), OpenSDA drive is set correctly. For example I get the following for gpio_interrupt example (at the end of the build log):

"### Created: ../evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt.axf"
"### Invoking postbuild tool "ELF To Binary Converter" ..."
arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary ../evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt.axf ../evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt.bin
"### Done invoking postbuild tool."
"### Successfully generated all binary outputs."

C:\Users\Maciek\Documents\MATLAB\iMXRT_2020b\test2\evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt_ert_rtw>exit 0
COPY CATCH: Nie mo�na odnale�� okre�lonego pliku.
: >> C:\Users\Maciek\Documents\MATLAB\iMXRT_2020b\test2\evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt.bin
Failure in mbd_imxrt_opensda(0) : Problem occured while downloading the application on target.
### Successful completion of build procedure for: evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt
### Creating HTML report file evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt_codegen_rpt.html
### Simulink cache artifacts for 'evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt' were created in 'C:\Users\Maciek\Documents\MATLAB\iMXRT_2020b\test2\evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt.slxc'.
Build process completed successfully
Build Summary 1
Elapsed: 0.14 sec

The comment after COPY CATCH says: "the file can not be found". But both: .axf and .bin files are created in the main project folder (not "..._rtw" folder).

Regards

Maciek

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi @nxa11767,

Updating firmware didn't help - it was a hardware/drivers problem on my side. Not the Toolbox or EVK issue. Reinstall/Update of my workstation drivers helped. Now it seems to work.

Thanks for your help

Maciek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Copying the .bin file manually on the mapped openSDA drive location is working?

The download is doing a copyfile - trying this command from matlab command line:

[ status, msg, ~] = copyfile('C:\Users\Maciek\Documents\MATLAB\iMXRT_2020b\test2\evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt.bin', 'D:\evkmimxrt1010_gpio_interrupt.bin', 'f')   (where D:\ is the driver when opensda is mapped) - what did you get?

Best regards,

Alexandra

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi @nxa11767,

I've checked on 2 different setups/disks (same installation R2020b). I've got the same results.

Your command results are:

msg = '' (empty char array)

File 'FAIL.TXT' on the board shows:

error: File sent out of order by PC. Target might not be programmed correctly.
type: transient

When I was trying to copy/past the .bin file into the OpenSDA drive I got the following Windows Error msg: error 0x800703EE

"The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid."

At the same time I can copy/past for example .txt files onto the OpenSDA drive...

What's wrong with my setup ?

Maciek

0 Kudos
nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maciek,

When you plugin the board, you see two files on the opensda mapped drive location? DETAILS.txt and PRODINFO.html. The details file has the information about the mbed firmware. This is what is says on my board (the version that it came with):

# DAPLink Firmware - see https://mbed.com/daplink
Unique ID: 02270000141362d500000000000000000000000097969905
HIC ID: 97969905
Auto Reset: 0
Automation allowed: 0
Overflow detection: 0
Daplink Mode: Interface
Interface Version: 0246
Bootloader Version: 0244
Git SHA: b965bacc9b93e23943b39e1b09cb4699468a3c49
Local Mods: 0
USB Interfaces: MSD, CDC, HID, WebUSB
Bootloader CRC: 0xe493996b
Interface CRC: 0xb3ff60f9
Remount count: 0

This OpenSDA has a feature called MSD - MassStorageDevice - that is specific to the board and offers the capability to flash the board by just copy-pasting a .bin file. 

The error you get looks to be an windows driver issue. If you open the device manager, are the mbed drivers installed? Attached a screenshot from my side.

You can try to update the opensda MSD firmware. https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/ides-for-kinetis-mcus/opensda-serial... - get the DAPLink firmware. The link also describes the update procedure.

Can you share also a screenshot with your board? Maybe some jumpers are off, I can compare with my board setup.

BR,

Alexandra

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi @nxa11767,

my interface and bootloader versions from 'details.txt' file are the same.

I can see under USB Device: 'WebUSB: CMSIS-DAP' in Device Manager (can't see any attachment of your screenshot).

Photo of my board in attachment.

UPDATE: After installing mbed serial port driver - I got mbed serial port in device manager but my WebUSB: CMSIS-DAP now appears in 'Unknown devices' with yellow exclamation mark. I see it's not the toolbox problem - it's the driver's problem. I will ask on the i.MX RT forum. If you have any suggestions - please share...

Maciek

0 Kudos
nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Maciek,

Attached the missing screenshot. I have the same jumper settings on my board.

You can try to  rewrite the firmware on the board:

- change the J27 from 2-3 to 1-2 - needed to be able to put the board in maintenance mode to rewrite the opensda msd firmware

- download the .bin from nxp site: https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/ides-for-kinetis-mcus/opensda-serial... - get the firmware for DAPLink.

- then plugin the board while pressing the SW9 button. You'll see in file explorer a new drive being mapped with MAINTENANCE. Copy paste the DAPLink binary

- unplug and plugin the board without pressing the reset button.

- and try again to copy-paste a .bin file from the toolbox.

BR,

Alexandra

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi @nxa11767,

Updating firmware didn't help - it was a hardware/drivers problem on my side. Not the Toolbox or EVK issue. Reinstall/Update of my workstation drivers helped. Now it seems to work.

Thanks for your help

Maciek

0 Kudos