Can I use two FTM Dual Edge Capture block?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use two FTM Dual Edge Capture block?

Jump to solution
utkuckmgl
Contributor III

Hello,

I need to get two different time values which are Rising-Falling edge time and Rising-Rising time of one PWM signal. I'm changing duty cycle with potentiometer and assuming observe same duty cycle value from (Rising-Falling time)/(Rising-Rising time) calculation.

Used different modules and different pins(I made connection of pins on breadboard with jumpers) caused error. I can take time values seperately but when I use two blocks at same time I have error. Can you please help me with this, thank you.

dualedgecapture.PNG

dualedgecaptureError.PNG

Regards

Utku Çekmegül

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello utkuckmgl@gmail.com‌,

Oh, I see that you are using the previous version 4.1.0. Now, I remember that this issue has been fixed in the latest release. You can find the patch in this community thread https://community.nxp.com/message/1254393 . Please apply the files from here!

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I can't reproduce it on my side.

Can you please tell me which MBDT for S32K are you using (run the ver command in Matlab and tell te results for MBDT). Also please consider attaching the model and the generated code :smileygrin:.

Thank you,

Marius

0 Kudos
utkuckmgl
Contributor III

Hello mariuslucianandrei‌,

Here is my version;

Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series         Version 4.1.0       (R2017b-R2019a)

I also have;

MATLAB Version 9.6 (R2019a)
Simulink Version 9.3 (R2019a)

The complete model;

dualedgecapture2.PNG

Function block;

dualedgecaptureFunc.PNG

and error message on diagnostic viewer;

dualedgecaptureDiag.PNG

Thank you, regards

Utku Çekmegül

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Oh, I see that you are using the previous version 4.1.0. Now, I remember that this issue has been fixed in the latest release. You can find the patch in this community thread https://community.nxp.com/message/1254393 . Please apply the files from here!

Hope this helps,

Marius

utkuckmgl
Contributor III

Hello mariuslucianandrei‌,

I directly changed version of toolbox and it's working perfect. Thank you so much

Regards,

Utku Çekmegül

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That sounds great! 

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos