Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN analyzer send CAN messages are different in MPC5744 example projects

chmjob90
Contributor II

dumitru-daniel.popa

Hi,Daniel.

In  the two examples given by"NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC5744 Example Projects/MPC574x MCU Targeted Simulink Models/Communitions/', can1 and can2 are.CAN1_Example.pngCAN2_Example.png

Once the  Board power on ,CAN1.slx will send CAN messages periodically. No matter after stop and restart the CAN analyzer,theCAN1.slx will send CAN messages normally .But,for CAN2.slx,  I  need to reset the MCU or power on  the board again once i stop the the CAN analyzer . Is this normal ?
How i make sure the the board can send  CAN messages normally whether i stop and  restart the CAN analyzer?

Here are the two Models opened both opened in the Simulink:CAN1_Specific_Model.png

CAN2_Specific_Model.png

Looking forward to your solution ! 
Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi chmjob90@163.com‌,

I think the second example stops working because is based on interrupts and since the CAN message can't be sent out the TX Complete interrupt is no longer cleared.

You might need to check the manual of the MPC chip - but most likely that is the cause.

Best regards,
Daniel

chmjob90
Contributor II

Hi,Daniel 

I have been looking forward to your answer for several days. Could  you spare some precious time to help me solve the following problems: How to  modify the model attached to send multiple CAN messages and keep sending CAN messages without reset the CAN analyzer after the CAN analyzer is stopped and started again?

Up to now ,even though i added another CAN message (different ID) in the model ,the CAN analyzer only sent one ID CAN message.  The CAN analyzer  will stop sending CAN messages after stopped and started .

dumitru-daniel.popa 撰写:

Hi hm Chen,

I think the second example stops working because is based on interrupts and since the CAN message can't be sent out the TX Complete interrupt is no longer cleared.

You might need to check the manual of the MPC chip - but most likely that is the cause.

Best regards,
Daniel

# keep sending  multiple messages  after stop and start CAN analyzer 

0 Kudos

chmjob90
Contributor II

Thanks for your  prompt  reply!

You meant  the CAN analyzer is stopped and CAN message  failed to be sent out  So TX  complete  interrupt is not cleared ? And then,even if  i   restart the CAN analyzer ,the model can not restart  sending CAN message?

How can i make the interrupt to be cleared to ensure  the board to send CAN message again?
Thanks for taking the time to explain the process!

0 Kudos