Any way to change CAN pins in .rbf file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to change CAN pins in .rbf file?

Poley
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using the S32K148.rbf that comes with the blockset and it works with RAppID over CAN currently with the dev board.

I am assuming that as it is pre-built then it has the pin select for CAN in the source code? I would like to use PTB0 and PTB1 instead of PTE5 and PTE4 for CAN0 to flash over, is this possible? 

@mariuslucianand Is there anyway to either get the source code to build the .rbf so I can change the pins or is it possible to get a 148.rbf that uses PTB0 and PTB1 instead? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jeremy5964
Contributor I

You can also specify which configuration file formats Quartus II or The Configuration scheme drop-down list will change with the chosen device You can specify how dual-purpose pins should be used after FPGA initialization, either the internal Files dialog box set-up to convert an SOF to a Raw Binary File (.rbf).

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Poley ,

Sorry for my delayed responses. For changing pins I would have to make a request to the RAppID bootloader team.

Keep you updated,

Marius

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Poley
Contributor V

Hi @mariuslucianand 

No worries at all, that would be great if you could thank you!

0 Kudos

Poley
Contributor V

Hi @mariuslucianand 

Did you manage to contact the RAppID team to swap the CAN pins in the S32K148.rbf file that is included with the blockset? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Poley ,

My colleagues from the RAppID BootLoader team just send the rbf with the PTB0 and PTB1 CAN pins.

Please test the rbf File and let us know if it works well.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

Poley
Contributor V

Hi @mariuslucianand 

Currently waiting on the PCB hardware to arrive (Chip shortage ha been a nightmare).

Will test this as soon as it arrives, thank you for getting it!

0 Kudos