Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install and configure the MBDT for RADAR

Jump to solution
aroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I had some trouble getting this example to run - 

1. I was trying to update my model-based design toolbox to SPT1.0. I found that when I download the package, it is downloading the file with a .zip extension. I don’t know if that is just my computer or everyone sees that. I was able workaround the problem by renaming the file with .mtlbx extension and installing it.
  2. After installing it this way, when running any command i get an error
    SPTToolbox: License error.
    SPTToolbox: License error.
    Invalid MEX-file
    'C:\~\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\SPT_2.0_64-bit\code\mex_files\win\win_mex.mexw64':
    A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine
    failed.
  3. On rolling back to the EAR 0.4, I tried running the code listed above but found the functions ‘rangeFFT’, ‘dopplerFFT’ and ‘peaksearch3D’ missing. Are they listed somewhere? 
1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi aroy‌,

First, about the download process: 

As explained in the video here (starting at ~ 0'40''), if you check one of the corresponding checkboxes (either for 64 or 32bit) and then click on "Download Selected Files", you should be downloading a .mltbx file. There is an issue if you just click on the file name, it starts downloading a .zip instead. The file should be the same, just the extension being altered. If you are having trouble with the download, you should consider using Internet explorer to do it. That is the recommended browser.

pastedImage_6.jpg

Second, about the licensing issue you're having, I can't reproduce it locally - can you try again, following the steps explained here (starting at ~1'45'') - you should execute this steps:

1) Go to License Keys first

pastedImage_9.jpg

2) Check the checkbox highlighted and click on Generate button.

pastedImage_10.jpg

3) Open cmd and run the vol command; it should output something like this

Volume in drive C is Primary
          Volume Serial Number is D8D9-8EB6

Get the serial number and enter it (as highlighted in the image below); enter a name and then click on Generate button.

pastedImage_11.jpg

4) Save the license by either clicking on Save All, either by coping all the text below and create a license.dat file in the license folder.

pastedImage_14.jpgpastedImage_1.jpg

Please let me know if you're still having trouble with this (and if so, please specify what MATLAB version you are using - so I can have a better chance of reproducing your exact error).

Kind regards,
Razvan. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi aroy‌,

First, about the download process: 

As explained in the video here (starting at ~ 0'40''), if you check one of the corresponding checkboxes (either for 64 or 32bit) and then click on "Download Selected Files", you should be downloading a .mltbx file. There is an issue if you just click on the file name, it starts downloading a .zip instead. The file should be the same, just the extension being altered. If you are having trouble with the download, you should consider using Internet explorer to do it. That is the recommended browser.

pastedImage_6.jpg

Second, about the licensing issue you're having, I can't reproduce it locally - can you try again, following the steps explained here (starting at ~1'45'') - you should execute this steps:

1) Go to License Keys first

pastedImage_9.jpg

2) Check the checkbox highlighted and click on Generate button.

pastedImage_10.jpg

3) Open cmd and run the vol command; it should output something like this

Volume in drive C is Primary
          Volume Serial Number is D8D9-8EB6

Get the serial number and enter it (as highlighted in the image below); enter a name and then click on Generate button.

pastedImage_11.jpg

4) Save the license by either clicking on Save All, either by coping all the text below and create a license.dat file in the license folder.

pastedImage_14.jpgpastedImage_1.jpg

Please let me know if you're still having trouble with this (and if so, please specify what MATLAB version you are using - so I can have a better chance of reproducing your exact error).

Kind regards,
Razvan. 

aroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks Razvan! That sorted it out. 

Do you have any input on #3?

Arunesh

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi aruneshroy

In respect with:

1. On rolling back to the EAR 0.4, I tried running the code listed above but found the functions ‘rangeFFT’, ‘dopplerFFT’ and ‘peaksearch3D’ missing. Are they listed somewhere? 

The functions rangeFFT, dopplerFFT and peaksearch3D are part of the Radar SDK package.

These can be found into: ..\{RADAR SDK INSTALL PATH}\Tools\SPT_bitexact_model\src

To use them, simply download the RSDK package and add that folder to the MATLAB Path.

The Radar SDK  are available for download in your Software Account.

Hope this helps!

Daniel