cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get and use opengl drivers for S32V234 SBC

rajneeshsaini
Contributor I

Dear All,

I am new to this community and using NXP S32V234 first time.

I was searching for a good processor with integrated GPU and Display Controller unit and I found NXP S32V234 vision processor. I am working with evaluation board of S32V234. My application is to render some graphics/ Symbology based on  data / Lables received on SPI port through MIL BUS 1553B receiver. I want to utilize OPENGL support with on chip GPU. I don't want to use OS /Linux , my requirement is to go with bare metal. can anyone suggest , How to get and use opengl drivers for S32v234 . Please share reference design targeted to GPU for S32V234 evaluation board.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

giraffe508
Contributor IV

Hello,

As you mentioned, you want to use the OpenGL drivers for S32V234 in a bare-metal environment. Unfortunately, OpenGL libraries are designed to work with an operating system, and there is no direct support for bare-metal deployment.

However, you can still utilize the Display Controller capabilities of the S32V234 to render images to HDMI. You can refer to the S32V234 Reference Manual for more information on the Display Controller and its capabilities: S32V234RM.

Additionally, you can find example code and documentation for the S32V234 platform in the S32 Design Studio for Vision: S32DS-VISION. This includes examples for configuring and using the Display Controller.

Please note that while you won't be able to use OpenGL directly in a bare-metal environment, you can still develop custom rendering solutions based on the available hardware capabilities of the S32V234.

0 Kudos

Bartoletti
Contributor I

thanks for the help

geometry dash 

0 Kudos

Teo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OPENGL libraries are available only with an OS. For baremetal deployment you are limited to use Display Controller capabilities to render images to HDMI.