Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Bluetooth to S32V234 board

Jump to solution
nurulhidayah
Contributor I

Hi..

I'm currently using SBC-S32V234 board for my project. I need to add a bluetooth communication interface to the board, to communicate with my phone..

Is it possible to connect a hc05 bluetooth module to the micro USB port provided on the board?

I can see that the micro USB are connected to also UART interface..

With some micro USB - TTL conversion, can the bluetooth works on the board without changing its firmware/kernel?

Thank you in advanced

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
KushalShahNXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi nurulhidayah‌,

The UART connected to mictoUSB is used for Linux console output and input. So it may not be used for Bluetooth. 

We do have another UART connected to LIN connector on board. So you can use that. But in that case you need to do some rework on the board to get access to UART pins connected to LIN.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
prem_sagar
Contributor I

Hi Kushal,

Need your clarification.

You had mentioned that, " We do have another UART connected to LIN connector on board. So you can use that.".

are you referring to UART1?

What will happen if we have to use the UART0 (the one connected to microUSB) and say we don't need the Linux console output and input, is that feasible? if not feasible could you suggest alternate options we could try?

Background information

The MCU to be connected requires 3.3V power supply while UART1 is 1.7V so we will not be able to use it.

Thanks.

Prem

0 Kudos
KushalShahNXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prem,

Thank you for your continued interest with this device. To ensure response by experts, we support S32V/Linux  questions via our ticketing system only. Please log a ticket at "nxp.com/support >> Support Requests" and we will help you with any questions.

Thank you for understanding,

Regards,

Kushal

0 Kudos
KushalShahNXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi nurulhidayah‌,

The UART connected to mictoUSB is used for Linux console output and input. So it may not be used for Bluetooth. 

We do have another UART connected to LIN connector on board. So you can use that. But in that case you need to do some rework on the board to get access to UART pins connected to LIN.

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
kushalshah13‌,

Do you know anyone that might be able to answer this question?

Thank you!

0 Kudos