SMI-N2027 Toradex- A Balancing Robot Leveraging the Heterogeneous Asymmetric Architecture of i.MX 7 with FreeRTOS and Qt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMI-N2027 Toradex- A Balancing Robot Leveraging the Heterogeneous Asymmetric Architecture of i.MX 7 with FreeRTOS and Qt

This technical lecture presents how Toradex built a balancing robot demo application using the new i.MX 7's heterogeneous asymmetric architecture. i.MX 7 features a secondary Cortex-M4, which can be used for real-time or low-power applications. We will discuss how to make use of the secondary core with a FreeRTOS based firmware implementing the closed loop controller to keep the robot balanced upright. On the powerful main CPU complex, a dual Cortex-A7, Linux is running a Qt based user interface. We will go into details about the rpmsg/OpenAMP based messaging offerings provided by NXP. The robot demo application makes use of rpmsg to communicate between the two independently running processor cores and operating systems.

Attachments
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎05-25-2016 09:52 AM
Updated by: