cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port CANopen driver from LPC11C24 library to other MCU

mi7engr
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm evaluating 2 different LPC MCU's for configuration our system communication network in CAN Bus 2.0 standard topology and using CANopen DS-301 application and industrial automation to exchange data across the network of about 50-70 nodes.

The 2 LPC's we are evaluating are:

1) LPC11C24 has:

* 2 CAN Bus channels

* LPCopen SW example -  nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_periph_ccan_rom

* CCAN_ROM with CANopen limited API's and a SW driver in  to add to CANopen ROM API (correct?) according to AN11238 document

2) LPC43S67 has:

* 2 CAN Bus channels

* LPCopen SW CAN bus example  - periph_ccan

does not have:

* CCAN_ROM CANopen API library

---

I need these 2 to talk CANopen DS-301-speak with each other over the CAN Bus, with (2) as the Master/Client and (1) as the Slave/Server.

QUESTIONS:

a) how do I port or add LPC11C24's CANopen API library to LPC43S67?  Is it a matter of adding those *.c and *.h pertinent function handler and definition files from LPC11C24's ccan_rom project to LPC43S67's periph_ccan project via MCUXpresso's project explorer?

b) Do I need to port what's in LPC11's ROM?  Or the library extension in the LPCopen source covers all what's in ROM and all additions to it? 

c) If need to also copy what's in ROM, how do I do the porting and programming to LPC43?

d) Without calling those CANopen callback functions and APIs yet, do a compile/build and check / fix build errors, is a good step(s) to do next?

e) Once all compiled correctly, start gathering, adding, modifying, calling those CANopen library CB functions, using simple CANopen object/data handling, e.g. heartbeat, to see if the 2 MCU's will do CANopen-speak with each other?

That's all for now.  Please let me know if you have any corrections, advice/suggestion, or questions.

Thank you.

mi7engr

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies