NFC PN7150 will produce beep sound while reading ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC PN7150 will produce beep sound while reading ?

karthikeyanraju
Contributor III

Hi,

I have used PN7150 module integrated with android Nougat 7.1.2.

I have followed below mentioned procedure provided by NXP.

GitHub - NXPNFCLinux/nxpnfc_android_pie: Android patches for support of PN7150 NCI based NXP NFC Con... 

This works fine for our platform to read the NFC cards, Here I want to know how to enable a sound while a card read.

Will it has the support with these patches ? or What is the procedure to enable the sound ?

Please provide the solution as soon as possible.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think the Android is running on a MCU/MPU. The beep sound should be controlled by the MCU/MPU. e.g. the beep sound from a buzzer. The beep sound from the buzzer can be controlled by GPIO output 1/0.

0 Kudos

karthikeyanraju
Contributor III

Hi jimmychan,

We have external speaker connected to our board & it has the capability to play the audio files.

Can you please mention with audio file will be played when the NFC read & where it is located ?

This will help us for the further debugging.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos

karthikeyanraju
Contributor III

Can you please share the information related to the GPIO (number) which is connected to the buzzer & the connection procedure ?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which MCU or MPU you used for running Android? You should check your Android SDK and porting guide . e.g. add the GPIO support in device tree file for your MPU/MCU. This is not related to PN7150.

0 Kudos

karthikeyanraju
Contributor III

Hi jimmychan, 

Thanks for the reply.

We are using Qualcomm APQ8909 for our project. Can you please share PN7150 DTS with buzzer configuration ?

0 Kudos