Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import NTAG I2C plus middleware into MCUXpresso project

jporter4
Contributor I

Article "BLE pairing with the NTAG I2C plus kit for Arduino pinout" at

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-335241

This article provides details for how to take a standard SDK demo for the Freedom KW41Z board, and convert it to a demo of BLE pairing using NFC (a second board, NTAG I2C plus kit for Arduino, is also required).  The article provides detailed instructions down to "Importing NTAG I2C plus middelware" (sic).  At this point it just says "The NTAG I2C plus  middleware can be easily imported as a new folder in the project tree using the MCUXpresso File / Import menu.", but does not specify exactly where this middleware is to be found and imported from.  Likewise, the 35 minute video at the bottom of the article also skims over this important detail.  I'm new to MCUXpresso and have no idea where to find this middleware.  Could someone please tell me where to find it ?

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

Hope you are doing well. When you download the SDK in the SDK Builder, there are some middleware options to download. Please make sure you add the NTAG I2C Middleware.

SDK Builder.png

After you downloaded the SDK, please import the it in the MCUXpresso, in the following tab. Just drag and drop the SDK zip.

Installed SDK.png

With the SDK you are able to import some examples from the QuickStart Panel, for example the bluetooth_hid_device_freertos and the ntag_i2c_plus_explorer_demo.

Quickstart.png

Import.png

When you have both SDK examples, just copy the folder from the NTAG project, to the Bluetooth project.

You will need to add the path of the added folder. Please select the Bluetooth project and go to Properties.

Path.png

You will need to include the folder. Please click on the Add button, and select the folder from the Workspace.

Folder.png

With this actions, you won't have issues.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos