cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Configuration for SJA1105TEL Ethernet Switch

arun_panangala
Contributor II

Hello,

We are developing a custom hardware solution with the SJA1105TEL which connects a PHY, SBC and a FPGA with RGMII interface. Is there a default configuration provided by NXP that we can upload  using the sja1105-tool to get the system running with basic functionality like forwarding packets from the PHY to the SBC ?

Kind Regards
Arun.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

hmulyono
Contributor I

Hi Platon,

I have found the Python file you were referring to:  /example_configs/pyScripts/create_config_Basic_L2_Switching_No_Priority_Queue_RGMII_1000.py.

I found out that the following parameters depend on the board layout, so they need to be changed for my application:

• xMII_MODE[0..4]
  • PHY_MAC[0..4]

Is there any other board-specific (e.g. port dependent) register I need to change? If I just changed the above two parameters, would it work?

The block diagram of my system is available below. I just want my three devices (i.e. Jetson Xavier AGX, ethernet jack, and the other MAC device) to communicate.

Regards,

Hermawan Mulyono

EDIT: I should have replied to @bpe 's post directly, but I could not post two messages in an hour.

blockdiagram.JPG

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To be clear: there is no one-fits-all configuration for SJA1105 switch. What  example_configs/pyScripts/ directory provides, is a set of more-or-less typical configurations for a  reference. You can start with the one that is close to what your board needs, but it cannot save you reading the documentation. Refer to AH1601 for  board and interface specific parts of the switch configuration.

Best Regards,

Platon

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If on your board all switch connections are RGMII, you can start with /example_configs/pyScripts/create_config_Basic_L2_Switching_No_Priority_Queue_RGMII_1000.py. Thie file is part of the configuration tool SW package. Details can be found in AH1601

Hope this helps,
Platon

arun_panangala
Contributor II

Hi Platon,

Thank you for your reply. Where can I find the configuration tool SW package ? Does this require us signing an NDA ?

Regards,
Arun.

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This tool is part of SJA1105 Application Board Package 1.4

Regards,
Platon

0 Kudos