NXP Designs Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Designs Knowledge Base

Discussions

Sort by:
  Overview Industrial control is a key element in any factory automation process. It may vary from a simple panel-mounted controller to large interconnected and interactive distributed control systems. This small form factor board target applications that require low power, low costs, and high performance. This solution is based on aLS1028A Industrial Application Processor. This processor includes two powerful 64-bit Arm®v8 cores that can support real-time processing for industrial control, as well as virtual machines for edge computing in the IoT.  NXP is your ideal partner for factory automation. From embedded hardware to software solutions, our industrial expertise and innovative spirit enable you to meet the highest expectations of industry 4.0 and industrial IoT markets. Use Cases Our portfolio enables the next generation of smart factories from edge to cloud. We enable industrial applications at all layers of factory automation. Our technology implements secure connections from manufacturing level up to the cloud. Some applications are: Manufacturing Logistics Operations Management Edge-Cloud Block Diagram Product Category MPU Product URL Layerscape® 1028A Industrial Applications Processor  Product Description The Layerscape LS1028A industrial applications processor includes a TSN-enabled Ethernet switch and Ethernet controllers to support converged IT and OT networks.   Category RTC Product URL PCF85063A: Tiny Real-Time Clock/calendar with alarm function and I2C-bus  Product Description The PCF85063ATL is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption. An offset register allows fine-tuning of the clock.   Category Power Management Product URL MC34VR500: Multi-Output DC/DC Regulator  Product Description The NXP® MC34VR500 power management solution for network processor systems is a high-efficiency, quad buck regulator with up to 4.5 A output and five user-programmable LDOs.   Category Transceiver Product URL TJA1101: 2nd generation Ethernet PHY Transceivers - IEEE 100BASE-T1 compliant  Product Description TJA1101 is a high-performance single port, IEEE 100BASE-T1 compliant Ethernet PHY Transceiver.   Category Display Port Product URL PTN3460/PTN3460I - Commercial and Industrial e(DP) to LVDS bridge IC  Product Description PTN3460 is an (embedded) DisplayPort to LVDS bridge device that enables connectivity between an (embedded) DisplayPort (eDP) source and LVDS display panel.  
View full article
  Overview The conventional timing relays offers a simple solution where the control of the systems needs to be simple or the communication isn’t possible. These have some inconvenient since they aren’t precise and are vulnerable to be modified. This application can control one or many relays. Using NFC communications, the time outputs are configured precisely and also can be programmed some functions that conventional timing relays can’t replicate. Also, the device can be password protected to block intruders or any external disturbance. Block Diagram Products Category MCU Product URL LPC8N04: Low-Cost Microcontrollers (MCUs) based on Arm® Cortex®-M0+ Core  Product Description LPC8N04 is a cost-effective MCU which serves as an entry-level connectivity solution for embedded applications with integrated NFC connectivity.   Category Power Management Product URL TEA1721BDB1065: TEA1721 Universal Mains White Goods Flyback SMPS Demo Board  Product Description This reference design demonstrates the TEA1721 as a -12 V and -3.3 V AC/DC SMPS converter that can provide 5 W into a load.   Category RTC Product URL PCF8563: Real-time clock/calendar  Product Description The PCF8563 is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption.
View full article
  Overview China stopped providing analog walkie talkie licenses which consequently has created a high demand for more digital walkie talkie applications. The digital walkie talkies transmits speech in the form of digital encoding. DMR (time division),is more widely used and has a communication speed of 9.6kbps so efficient compression algorithms are necessary. Digital walkie-talkie advantages: Less bandwidth than analog walkie talkie Can use encryption algorithm for higher security Easy networking High quality speech The Airfast® RF power portfolio brings extreme ruggedness and high gain to mobile radio applications. The high gain of our devices helps eliminate amplification stages and reduce system cost. Plus, the high efficiency of the portfolio allows customers to use smaller heatsinks and housing while improving reliability. The broadband capability of the mobile radio devices enables full performance across each band. Block Diagram Products Category MCU Product URL K24_120: Kinetis® K24-120 MHz, Full-Speed USB, 256KB SRAM Microcontrollers (MCUs) based on Arm® Cortex®-M4 Core  Product Description The Kinetis® K24 120 MHz MCU family targets low-power, cost-sensitive applications requiring high-performance processing efficiency and large memory densities.   Category Accelerometer Product URL MMA8653FC: ±2g/±4g/±8g, Low g, 10-Bit Digital Accelerometer  Product Description The NXP® MMA8653FC 10-bit accelerometer has industry leading performance in a small DFN package.   Category Secure Element Product URL A1006: Secure Authenticator IC - Embedded Security Platform  Product Description The Secure Authenticator IC is manufactured in a high-density submicron technology.   Category Audio Amplifier Product URL TDF8530TH: I2C-Bus Controlled Quad Channel 45 W / 2 Ω Class-D Power Amplifier with Full Diagnostics  Product Description The TDF8530 is a quad Bridge-Tied Load (BTL) car audio amplifier comprising an NDMOST-NDMOST output stage based on SOI BCDMOS technology.
View full article
  Overview Hearables or smart headphones are highly integrated, truly wireless earbuds designed to improve audio experiences across a range of consumer and healthcare applications. Small form factors, ultra-light weight and wireless operation increase user comfort. The continued challenge for hearables is how to combine audio quality, user experience and better battery life in a tiny package while offering a multitude of possibilities, all of which demands digital signal processing. To simplify customer engineering efforts on prototype TWS earbud, NXP built an Application Development Kit. Customer just need plug and play to test the functionality and performance of earbud. The ADK demonstrated a stable audio streaming link from Bluetooth mobile phone to both ear. It can be used as a fundamental platform for customer to develop hearables. Features Fitness tracking (pedometer, heart rate, etc.) Local playback (mp3, wav…) Voice UI (command trigger, ON/OFF) Voice enhancement (argument hearing, be forming) Universal translator Block Diagram Products Category MCU Product URL LPC541XX: Low-Power Microcontrollers (MCUs) Based on Arm® Cortex®-M4 Cores With Optional Cortex®-M0+ Co-processor  Product Description The LPC541xx MCU family of single-core and dual-core MCUs are our next-generation of power efficient MCUs.   Category NFMI Radio Product URL NXH2266: NFMI radio for wireless audio and data streaming  Product Description The NXP® NXH2266 is a fully integrated single-chip solution that enables wireless audio streaming and data communication using Near Field Magnetic Induction (NFMI), a mature technology that has a proven track record in the hearing industry.   Category Audio Codec Product URL SGTL5000: Ultra-Low-Power Audio Codec  Product Description The SGTL5000 is a low-power stereo codec designed to provide a comprehensive audio solution for portable products that require line-in, mic-in, line-out, headphone-out and digital I/O.   Category NFC Product URL NTAG I2C plus: NFC Forum Type 2 Tag with I2C interface  Product Description The NTAG I2C plus combines a passive NFC interface with a contact I2C interface.   Category Accelerometer Product URL MMA8652FC: ±2g/±4g/±8g, Low g, 12-Bit Digital Accelerometer  Product Description The NXP® MMA8652FC 12-bit accelerometer has industry-leading performance in a small package.   Category Power Management Product URL MC34673: 1.2 A Single-Cell Li-Ion/Li-Polymer Battery Charger  Product Description The MC34673 is a cost-effective fully-integrated battery charger for Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries.   Category Voltage Level Translator Product URL GTL2005PW: Quad GTL/GTL+ to LVTTL/TTL bidirectional non-latched translator  Product Description The GTL2005 is a quad translating transceiver designed for 3.3 V system interface with a GTL/GTL+ bus.
View full article
  Overview Due to the flexibility and low operating cost of vending machine, it’s popular with consumers and merchants. The vending machine industry has great potential and wide market space with the introduction of mobile technology, will become a new channel for fast consumer retail. This solution with a i.MX 8M Mini apply a advanced process technology mode, that delivers much lower leakage than standard technology. Some of the features of this application are: Easy touch keypad and display for transaction status. Diversified payment methods: coin, bill and mobile payments. Compatible with Apple pay, Alipay, wechat pay and more. Block Diagram Products Category MPU Product URL i.MX 8M Mini - Arm® Cortex®-A53, Cortex-M4, Audio, Voice, Video  Product Description The i.MX 8M Mini is NXP’s first embedded multicore applications processor built using advanced 14LPC FinFET process technology, providing more speed and improved power efficiency.   Category Wi-Fi Product URL 88W8987: 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band 1x1 Wi-Fi® 5 (802.11ac) + Bluetooth® 5 Solution  Product Description The 88W8987 is a highly integrated WLAN (2.4/5 GHz) and Bluetooth single-chip solution, specifically designed to support the speed, reliability, and quality requirements of next generation Very High Throughput (VHT) products.   Category RTC Product URL PCF85063A: Tiny Real-Time Clock/calendar with alarm function and I2C-bus  Product Description The PCF85063ATL is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption. An offset register allows fine-tuning of the clock.   Category Temperature Sensor Product URL PCF85063A: Tiny Real-Time Clock/calendar with alarm function and I2C-bus  Product Description The PCF85063ATL is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption.   Category Power Management Product URL PCA9450: Power Manage IC (PMIC) for i.MX 8M Mini/Nano/Plus  Product Description The PCA9450 is a single chip Power Management IC (PMIC) specifically designed to support i.MX 8M family processor in both 1 cell Li-Ion and Li-polymer battery portable application and 5 V adapter nonportable applications.   Category Motor Driver Product URL MC34931: MC34931/S H-Bridge, Brushed DC Motor Driver, 5-36 V, 5 A, 11 kHz/20 kHz  Product Description The NXP® MC34931 is a monolithic, thermally efficient 36 V/ 5 A H-Bridge DC motor driver.
View full article
  Overview Discover multicore solutions for multimedia and display applications with high-performance and low-power capabilities that are scalable, safe and secure. NXP portfolio counts with multicore solutions for multimedia and display applications with high-performance and low-power capabilities that are scalable, safe, and secure. This solution is based on an i.MX RT1050 MCU. This application processor provides industry-leading audio, voice and video decoder with fluent video play effect. Block Diagram Products Category MCU Product URL i.MX RT1050 Crossover MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M7 core  Product Description The i.MX RT1050 is the industry's first crossover MCU and combines the high-performance and high level of integration on an applications processors with the ease of use and real-time functionality of a microcontroller.   Category RTC Product URL PCF85063B: Tiny Real-Time Clock/calendar with alarm function and SPI‑bus  Product Description The PCF85063BTL is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption.   Category Wi-Fi Product URL 88W8801: 2.4 GHz Single-Band 1x1 Wi-Fi® 4 (802.11n) Solution  Product Description The 88W8801 is a highly integrated, single-band (2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi 4 1x1 System-on-Chip (SoC), specifically designed to support High Throughput (HT) data rates.
View full article
  Overview NXP’s Motion Control and Robotics solution provides the computing performance, embedded connectivity, low latency and a real-time open source operating system to address the requirements for multi-axis motion control and robotics applications.  This solution is based on an i.MX RT1050, which controls four steppers motors that activates the different kind of movement of the robotic arm for the 3D printer to function. This solution also counts with the FreeMASTER GUI for easy debugging and a better presentation and control of the system. Use Cases Our robust product portfolio makes motor and robotics control more precise, secure and effective for the creation of end-products with applications like: 3D printers Industrial applications: Welding machines Material handling Painting and drilling Assembly machines Surgical assistants Block Diagram Products Category MCU Product URL i.MX RT1050 Crossover MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M7 core  Product Description The i.MX RT1050 is the industry's first crossover MCU and combines the high-performance and high level of integration on an applications processors with the ease of use and real-time functionality of a microcontroller.   Category Motor Driver Product URL GD3000: 3-Phase Brushless Motor Pre-Driver  Product Description The GD3000 is a gate driver IC for three-phase motor drive applications providing three half-bridge drivers, each capable of driving two N-channel MOSFETs.   Category Power Management Product URL PCA9412: 3.0 MHz, 300 mA, DC-to-DC boost converter  Product Description The PCA9412 and PCA9412A are highly efficient 3.0 MHz, 300 mA, step-up DC-to-DC converters.
View full article
  Overview NXP home appliance solutions make every day easier: through quality, cost-effective products above the performance bar in processing, efficiency, safety, and functionality. NXP's integrated solutions are powering the next wave of smart buildings with cloud-based voice assistance, intelligent automation, monitoring, and safety. From multichannel home theater surround systems to tiny cell phones, we cover virtually every system in the home, in the car, or on the move. The i.MX 8M Mini is NXP’s first embedded multicore applications processor built using advanced 14LPC FinFET process technology, providing more speed and improved power efficiency; he i.MX 8M Mini family may be used in any general purpose industrial and IoT application. This solution provides an all audio and voice low latency processing with with a significant system simplification via integration. Use Cases Discover multicore solutions for multimedia and display applications with high-performance and low-power capabilities that are scalable, safe, and secure. HMI solutions for intuitive experiences Power-saving motor control and power management Voice, vision and anomaly detection Immersiv3D™ audio solution Block Diagram Products Category MPU Product URL i.MX 8M Mini - Arm® Cortex®-A53, Cortex-M4, Audio, Voice, Video  Product Description The i.MX 8M Mini is NXP’s first embedded multicore applications processor built using advanced 14LPC FinFET process technology, providing more speed and improved power efficiency.   Category Power Management Product URL PCA9450: Power Manage IC (PMIC) for i.MX 8M Mini/Nano/Plus  Product Description The PCA9450 is a single chip Power Management IC (PMIC) specifically designed to support i.MX 8M family processor in both 1 cell Li-Ion and Li-polymer battery portable application and 5 V adapter nonportable applications.   Category LED Driver Product URL PCA9955BTW: 16-channel Fm+ I²C-bus 57 mA/20 V constant current LED driver  Product Description The PCA9955B is an I2C-bus controlled 16-channel constant current LED driver optimized for dimming and blinking 57 mA Red/Green/Blue/Amber (RGBA) LEDs in amusement products.   Category Analog Switch Product URL NX3L1G3157: Low-ohmic single-pole double-throw analog switch  Product Description The NX3L1G3157 is a low-ohmic single-pole double-throw analog switch suitable for use as an analog or digital 2:1 multiplexer/demultiplexer.   Category Audio Streaming Product URL NXH3670: Ultra-low Power, Low Latency Audio for Wireless Gaming Headphone  Product Description The NxH3670 constitutes a highly integrated, single-chip ultra-low-power 2.4 GHz wireless transceiver with embedded MCU (Integrated Arm® Cortex®-M0 processor), targeted at wireless audio streaming for gaming headphones, delivering low latency audio and ultra-low power consumption.   Category Wi-Fi Product URL 88W8987: 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band 1x1 Wi-Fi® 5 (802.11ac) + Bluetooth® 5 Solution  Product Description The 88W8987 is a highly integrated WLAN (2.4/5 GHz) and Bluetooth single-chip solution, specifically designed to support the speed, reliability, and quality requirements of next generation Very High Throughput (VHT) products.   Category Audio Amplifiers Product URL TDF8597TH: I2C-Bus Controlled Dual Channel 43 W/2 Ω, Single Channel 85 W/1 Ω Class-D Power Amplifier with Full Diagnostics  Product Description The TDF8597 is a dual Bridge-Tied Load (BTL) car audio amplifier comprising an NDMOST-NDMOST output stage based on SOI BCDMOS technology.
View full article
  Overview Soundbar Market 2019 to showing impressive growth by 2024. NXP’s advanced Immersiv3D audio solution brings breakthrough cinema audio experience to homes at a fraction of the cost Premieres NXP smart sound bar and AV receiver turnkey reference designs supporting Dolby Atmos, the latest audio codecs, and multichannel voice control features i.MX 8M Family targets BOM reduction by replacing Dolby/DTS DSPs in system with higher on-chip ARM processing ability. One-chip solution with flexible SW audio framework (Immersiv3D) to handle audio decode and pre/post processing, latency control, audio distribution and also easy to add voice assistant services (AVS and GVA) with multi-channel AEC and beamforming to create the immersive experience. Engage with rich 3rd parties to provide complete ecosystem (sound-bar with AVS/GVA, acoustics tuning and virtual sound enabling) to the customer. Use Cases 4K/8K TVs getting thinner, but the in-device sound quality is very limited. (such as LG OLED TV is 2.57 mm), audio moves to separate/external sound bars or speakers. Movie and gaming contents provider such as (Blu-Ray Disks, Netflix, VUDU, Prime Video, Hulu, iTunes, PS4, XboX One), pushing Audio quality AND COMPLEXITY higher, such as Dolby ATMOS and DTS:X. Block Diagram Products Category MPU Product URL i.MX 8M Mini - Arm® Cortex®-A53, Cortex-M4, Audio, Voice, Video  Product Category The i.MX 8M Mini is NXP’s first embedded multicore applications processor built using advanced 14LPC FinFET process technology, providing more speed and improved power efficiency.   Category Wi-Fi Product URL 88W8987: 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band 1x1 Wi-Fi® 5 (802.11ac) + Bluetooth® 5 Solution  Product Description The 88W8987 is a highly integrated WLAN (2.4/5 GHz) and Bluetooth single-chip solution, specifically designed to support the speed, reliability, and quality requirements of next generation Very High Throughput (VHT) products.   Category Wireless Audio Product URL NXH3670: Ultra-low Power, Low Latency Audio for Wireless Gaming Headphone  Product Description The NxH3670 constitutes a highly integrated, single-chip ultra-low-power 2.4 GHz wireless transceiver with embedded MCU (Integrated Arm® Cortex®-M0 processor), targeted at wireless audio streaming for gaming headphones, delivering low latency audio and ultra-low power consumption.   Category RTC Product URL PCA85073A: Automotive tiny Real-Time Clock/Calendar with alarm function and I2C-bus   Product Description The PCA85073A is a CMOS1 Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption. An offset register allows fine-tuning of the clock.   Category Temperature Sensor Product URL PCT2075: I2C-Bus Fm+, 1 Degree C Accuracy, Digital Temperature Sensor And Thermal Watchdog  Product Description The PCT2075 is a temperature-to-digital converter featuring ±1 °C accuracy over ‑25 °C to +100 °C range.   Category LED Driver Product URL PCA9955BTW: 16-channel Fm+ I²C-bus 57 mA/20 V constant current LED driver  Product Description The PCA9955B is an I2C-bus controlled 16-channel constant current LED driver optimized for dimming and blinking 57 mA Red/Green/Blue/Amber (RGBA) LEDs in amusement products.   Category Power Management Product URL PCA9450: Power Manage IC (PMIC) for i.MX 8M Mini/Nano/Plus  Product Description The PCA9450 is a single chip Power Management IC (PMIC) specifically designed to support i.MX 8M family processor in both 1 cell Li-Ion and Li-polymer battery portable application and 5 V adapter nonportable applications.   Category Analog Switch Product URL NX3L1G3157: Low-ohmic single-pole double-throw analog switch  Product Description The NX3L1G3157 is a low-ohmic single-pole double-throw analog switch suitable for use as an analog or digital 2:1 multiplexer/demultiplexer.   Category Audio Framework Product URL IMMERSIV3DAF: Immersiv3DTM Audio Framework Software  Product Description The innovative audio framework software integrated with our i.MX 8M Mini applications processor enables consumer electronics OEMs to bring true immersive audio performance and smart capabilities like voice control to a broad range of consumer audio devices.
View full article
  Overview Smart, integrated building systems empower users to improve energy efficiency, lower maintenance costs, and conveniently control environments from smartphones and advanced HMIs. Their interconnected features house a platform of big data to make smarter, environmental-friendly decisions while ensuring maximum comfort and performance. Features Smart Peephole implement camera capture and LCD display function at the same time. Touch screen to trigger JPEG compression and storage. User can take it as a reference for basic framework for video transfer. Optional WiFi & BLE module to transmit the captured information to the user. Use Cases Home secure. Supervising children and pets. Loss prevention. Locating bugs and pests. Vandalism deterrence. Block Diagram Products Category MCU Product URL i.MX RT1050 Crossover MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M7 core  Product Description The i.MX RT1050 is the industry's first crossover MCU and combines the high-performance and high level of integration on an applications processors with the ease of use and real-time functionality of a microcontroller.   Category RTC Product URL PCF85063TP: Tiny Real-Time Clock/calendar  Product Description The PCF85063TP is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption.   Category Wireless Product URL 1 QN902X: Ultra low power Bluetooth LE system-on-chip solution  Product Description 1 QN902x is an ultra-low power, high-performance and highly integrated Bluetooth LE solution. Product URL 2 88W8801: 2.4 GHz Single-Band 1x1 Wi-Fi® 4 (802.11n) Solution  Product Description 2 The 88W8801 is a highly integrated, single-band (2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi 4 1x1 System-on-Chip (SoC), specifically designed to support High Throughput (HT) data rates.
View full article
  Overview Near Field Communication (NFC) is used for real-time precision marketing based on time, local inventory and the individual when embedded in product displays or the products themselves. NFC is also becoming the preferred method for payment either in smartphones or smart payment cards. In this particular deployment , the overall system consists of Backend Servers, Top Up station and Household Meter. The Backend Server roles are to activate the new installed meter, to collect meter usage data and behaviors, to implement new tariff based on user behaviors, and to allocate energy usage in effective way. Top Up Stations are NFC Reader with SAM and they are connected to local Computer, Tablet or Mobile phone. They are located at retailers near by household to ease the user to buy the credits. Besides that, Top Up Station is also help to upload and download settings or parameter from the Backend Server Household Meters are those Contctless Prepaid Meter has been installed at end user Block Diagram Products Category MCU Product URL KM3x: 50–75 MHz Precision Metrology MCUs with Segment LCDs based on Arm® Cortex®-M0+  Product Description The KM3x MCU family enables single-chip one-, two-, and three-phase electricity meters, as well as flow meters and other precision measurement applications.   Category NFC Fronted Product URL CLRC663 plus family: High-performance NFC frontends  Product Description If you need high NFC performance or the lowest power consumption, use this remarkably efficient yet highly flexible frontend family to push your design further.   Category RTC Product URL PCF8563: Real-time clock/calendar  Product Description The PCF8563 is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption.   Category Secure Element Product URL A71CH: Plug and Trust - The fast, easy way to deploy secure IoT connections  Product Description A71CH is a ready-to-use secure element for IoT devices providing a root of trust at the IC level and delivers, chip-to-cloud security right out of the box, so you can safely connect to IoT clouds and services, including AWS, IBM Watson IoT™ Platform, and Google Cloud™ IoT Core without writing security code or exposing keys.   Category Power Management Product URL TEA1721BDB1065: TEA1721 Universal Mains White Goods Flyback SMPS Demo Board  Product Description This reference design demonstrates the TEA1721 as a -12 V and -3.3 V AC/DC SMPS converter that can provide 5 W into a load.   Category Smart Card Product URL 1 MIFARE® DESFire® EV3: High-Security IC for Contactless Smart City Services  Product Description 1 The features of the MIFARE DESFire EV3 IC reflect NXP’s continued commitment to secure, connected and convenient contactless Smart City services. Product URL 2 MIFARE Plus® EV2: Secure IC for Contactless Smart City Services  Product Description 2 As the next generation of NXP’s MIFARE Plus product family, the MIFARE Plus EV2 IC is designed to be both a gateway for new Smart City applications and a compelling upgrade, in terms of security and connectivity, for existing deployments.
View full article
Overview During critical processes, an industrial diesel engine management system that includes an electric generator can supply emergency power to all vital and selected loads as desired. Today, most state-of-the-art- hospitals, manufacturing plants, telecommunications organizations, data centers, emergency facilities, large industries, and mining companies require uninterrupted power and have backup diesel engine generators that are reliable. As shown in the block diagram, NXP provides a full range of MCUs, barometric pressure sensors (BAP), and analog/mixed-signal IC drivers for improving diesel vehicle fuel economy, enhancing performance, and meeting emissions requirements in automotive applications. However, the NXP industrial diesel engine management solution is equally applicable in other industrial applications by changing the input sensors and outputs that require control. The NXP Industrial diesel engine management solution incorporates the MPC5777C Power Architecture® MCU that delivers advanced performance, timing systems, security, and functional safety capabilities. This includes a lockstep function that serves as a watchdog function to flag any problems with the MCU, support for advanced timers and ADCs, external memory, fault detection, and handling support, and the highest functional safety standards (ASIL-D) support. Together, this solution provides a reliable and high-performance solution to ensure your customers and their employees are safe. Block Diagram Recommended Products Category Link MCU MPC5777C|Engine Control MCU | NXP  Safety Power Management MC33905 | SBC Gen2 with High-Speed CAN and LIN | NXP  Physical Interface TJA1021 | LIN2.1/SAE J2602 Transceiver | NXP  Output Driver MC33800 | Engine Control Integrated Circuit | NXP  Motor Driver H-Bridge MC33931 | H-Bridge Motor Driver | NXP  MAP Sensor 20 to 105kPa, Absolute, Integrated Pressure Sensor | NXP  BAP Sensor -115 - 115kPa Gauge, Absolute Pressure Sensor | NXP  Injector Driver MC33810 | Automotive Engine Control IC | NXP  Input Signal and Sensor Interface MSDI | NXP 
View full article
Overview New technologies added to existing applications like Elevators, help improve user experience, quality and safety. This application summary focuses on the human machine interface of the elevator in cabin control and floor control modules. NXP ®  technologies and products enhance different features, like NFC for access control, 2-wire Ethernet provides floor to floor connectivity, and PMICs provide power supply with safety features. With NXP’s wide connectivity portfolio, Elevators can have wireless cloud connectivity as back-up communication channel that supplement cellular radio communication for data logging, monitoring & maintenance or even to handle emergencies. Block Diagram Elevator Cabin Control Module Elevator Control Module Recommended Products Category Link MPU i.MX 8M Applications Processor | Arm® Cortex®-A53, Cortex-M4 | 4K display resolution | NXP  MCU i.MX RT1050 MCU/Applications Crossover MCU| Arm® Cortex-M7, 512KB SRAM | NXP  Audio Amp Audio Amplifiers | NXP  PMIC 12-channel configurable PMIC | NXP  LED Controller LED Drivers | NXP  CAN Transceiver TJA1051 | High-speed CAN Transceiver | NXP  Ethernet PHY Automotive Ethernet PHY Transceivers | NXP  MiFARE SAM MIFARE SAM AV3 | NXP  Signal Conditioner MSDI | NXP  CD1020|Multiple Switch Detect Interface | NXP  Contact Reader Low power single card reader | NXP  NFC Controller CLRC663 plus family | High-performance NFC frontends | NXP  MiFARE DESfire MIFARE DESFire | NXP  Safety Power Management FS4500 | fail silent safety SBC compliant grade1 & grade 0 automotive qualification | NXP  Voltage Level Translator Voltage Level Translators (Level Shifters) | NXP  Motor Drivers BLDC, H-Bridge, and Stepper Motor Drivers | NXP 
View full article
Description    NXP’s Personal Network Attached Storage (NAS) solution enables portable personal storage to be shared through an internal protocol (IP) or Wireless network allowing users to share photos, data, stream music or videos, backup and recovery of data over the local area network in a completely secure environment. In addition, the solution can support gateway features such as packet forwarding, cloud connectivity via Ethernet, Wi-Fi or LTE. This NAS solution offers significant advantages to consumer and SMB environments, including: Hardware-accelerated Raid for data parity and recovery, a reduced bill of materials (BOM) and ease-of-use associated with an IP network that most business and consumers already find familiar. Based on the QorIQ Layerscape LS1012A processor and the Network Attached Storage Application Solution Kit (ASK), the personal/consumer NAS solution offered by NXP allows developers to easily build storage applications leveraging the highly-optimized and feature rich ASK software stack along with the small form factor, low-power consumption and packet processing capabilities enabled by LS1012A processor. NXP provides an integrated platform solution (SW and HW) helping the customer to reduce his time to market, increase security and increase performance by leveraging the packet accelerators within the QorIQ® Layerscape LS1012A processor while delivering high NAS performance and IP forwarding applications with reduced load on the Arm® core. In addition, NXP LS1012ARDB supports a full set of popular interfaces such as SATA, USB 3.0, PCIe and 2.5/1Gigabit Ethernet for LAN and WAN, allowing customers and operators to securely connect storage devices with the cloud. Features Integrated Platform Solution Commercial Market Proven Software Solution Hardware Offloading Popular Connectivity Flexible and Optimized Software Architecture Use Cases Personal Storage Consumer Network Attached Storage (NAS) Consumer Direct Attached Storage (DAS) Battery Powered Portable NAS Wireless Personal Storage Media Gateway Chip on Drive Wi-Fi SSD and Small/Portable Drive Ethernet Drives Block Diagram Products Category Name MPU Product URL Layerscape LS1012A Communication Processor for the IoT | NXP  Product Description The QorIQ® LS1012A processor, optimized for battery-backed or USB-powered, space-constrained networking and IoT applications Category Name DC Regulator Product URL MC34VR500 | Multi-Output DC/DC Regulator | NXP  Product Description The NXP® MC34VR500 power management solution for network processor systems is a high-efficiency, quad buck regulator with up to 4.5 A output and five user-programmable LDOs. Tools Product URL QorIQ® LS1012A Development Board QorIQ® LS1012A Development Board | NXP  Layerscape FRWY-LS1012A board FRWY-LS1012A Development Platform | NXP 
View full article
Description NXP's leadership position in the security, contact and contactless identification space makes us the experts in access control solutions that are safe, secure, robust and reliable. NXP has devices for driving user interfaces as well as lock mechanisms. NXP also has different solutions for addressing designs using both contact and contactless identification systems. Putting these NXP devices together makes for compelling access control solutions. Use your phone or smart card for Access control to open doors or give access to machine configurations.  Use cases Corporate/campus access control system Lock manufacturers (mechanical and electronic) Industrial equipment with safety conditions or control restriction Components for multi-user appliances like printers Professional tools Smart lock manufacturer for smart home applications Block Diagram Products Category Name MCU Product URL Arm® Cortex®-M4|Kinetis® K64 120 MHz 32-bit MCUs | NXP  Product Description The Kinetis® K series MCU portfolio offers the broadest selection of pin, peripheral- and software-compatible MCU families based on the Arm® Cortex®-M4 core. Category Name Secure Product URL A71CH | Plug and Trust for IoT | NXP  Product Description  A71CH is a ready-to-use secure element for IoT devices providing a root of trust at the IC level and delivers, chip-to-cloud security right out of the box. Category Name NFC Product URL PN5180 | Full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC | NXP  Product Description  The PN5180 is a high-performance full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC for various contactless communication methods and protocols. Tools Product Link Freedom Development Platform for Kinetis® K64, K63, and K24 MCUs FRDM-K64F Platform|Freedom Development Board|Kinetis MCUs | NXP  A71CH Arduino® compatible development kit OM3710/A71CHARD | A71CH Arduino® compatible development kit | NXP  PN5180 NFC Frontend Development Kit for POS Terminal Applications OM25180 |PN5180 NFC Development Kit for POS Readers | NXP 
View full article
Description Modern home appliances use electronics to provide a host of new features consumers expect. NXP MCUs and sensors keep up with the demand for constant improvements in reliability, cost, and energy efficiency. NXP helps to simplify consumers’ lives with sensor and MCU technology for home appliances. NXP technologies power the latest smart washing machine designs—from user interface, to motor control, to system management, to connectivity. Features Capacitive touch integrated in MCU and I2C devices TFT driving RF remote control NFC-based programming Display drivers, RTC, LED drivers Mux/Demux ESD protection AC power monitoring Fabric and detergent detection NFC-based maintenance Secure device identify Smart sensors Block Diagram Products Category Name 1: MCU Product URL 1 Arm® Cortex®-M4|Kinetis® KV3x Real-time Control MCUs | NXP  Product Description 1 The Kinetis® KV3x family of MCUs delivers a high-performance solution for BLDC, PMSM and ACIM motor control applications. Product URL 2 Arm Cortex-M0+|Kinetis KE1xZ 32-bit 5V MCUs with Touch Interface | NXP  Product Description 2 The robust TSI module provides a high level of stability and accuracy to any HMI system. Product URL 3 i.MX RT1050 MCU/Applications Crossover Processor| Arm® Cortex-M7, 512KB SRAM | NXP  Product Description 3 The i.MX RT1050 provides a Advanced multimedia for GUI and enhanced HMI. Includes a support to Wireless connectivity interface for Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Bluetooth Low Energy, ZigBee® and Thread™ Category Name 2: Real Time Clock Product URL 1 PCF2123 | NXP  Product Description 1 The PCF2123 is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power applications. Category Name 3: Drivers Product URL 1 Universal LCD driver for low multiplex rates | NXP  Product Description 1 The PCF85133 is a peripheral device which interfaces to almost any Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) with low multiplex rates. Product URL 2 PCA9955BTW | NXP  Product Description 2 The PCA9955B is an I2C-bus controlled 16-channel constant current LED driver optimized for dimming and blinking 57 mA Red/Green/Blue/Amber (RGBA) LEDs in amusement products. Product URL 3 TEA172x | NXP  Product Description 3 These highly integrated devices enable low no-load power consumption below 10 mW, reduce component count for a cost-effective application design, and provide advanced control modes that deliver exceptional efficiency. Category Name 4: NFC Product URL 1 NTAG I2C | NXP  Product Description 1 The NTAG I2C plus has been designed to be the perfect enabler for NFC in home-automation and consumer applications, this connected NFC tag is the fastest, least expensive way to add tap-and-go connectivity to just about any electronic device. Category Name 5: Wireless Product URL 1 Zigbee and IEEE 802.15.4 wireless microcontroller with 512 kB Flash, 32 kB RAM | NXP  Product Description 1 The JN5169 is an ultra-low-power, high-performance wireless MCU suitable for ZigBee® applications. Product URL 2 Low-Power Multi-Channel UHF RF Wireless Platform | NXP  Product Description 2 The OL2385 device is a radio frequency transceiver with an embedded MCU designed for a wide range of industrial and home applications requiring very high link budget for bi-directional RF communication. Product URL 3 QN908x: Ultra-Low-Power Bluetooth Low Energy System on Chip (SoC) Solution | NXP  Product Description 3 QN908x integrates a Bluetooth Low-Energy radio, controller, protocol stack and profile software on a single chip, providing a flexible and easy to use Bluetooth Low Energy SoC solution. Category Name 6: Security Product URL 1  A71CH | Plug and Trust for IoT | NXP  Product Description 1 A71CH is a ready-to-use secure element for IoT devices providing a root of trust at the IC level and delivers, chip-to-cloud security right out of the box, so you can safely connect to IoT clouds and services, including AWS, IBM Watson IoT™ Platform, and Google Cloud™ IoT Core without writing security code or exposing keys. Demos i.MX RT1050 EVK i.MX RT1050 EVK with Storyboard Suite Demo Applications  Tools Product Link TWR-KV31F120M: Kinetis® KV3x Family Tower® System Module TWR-KV31F120M|Tower System Board|Kinetis® MCUs | NXP  FRDM-KE15Z: Freedom Development Platform for Kinetis® KE1xMCUs FRDM-KE15Z Platform|Freedom Development Board | NXP  MIMXRT1050-EVK: i.MX RT1050 Evaluation Kit i.MX RT1050 Evaluation Kit | NXP  OM13512: Demoboard for the SPI-bus RTC PCF2123 Demoboard for the SPI-bus RTC PCF2123 | NXP  NTAG I2C plus Explorer Kit with NFC Reader OM5569-NT322ER | NTAG I2C plus Explorer Kit + reader | NXP  OM15020: JN5169 USB Dongle for ZigBee JN5169 USB Dongle for ZigBee | NXP  TEA1721BDB1065: TEA1721 universal mains white goods flyback SMPS demo board TEA1721 universal mains white goods flyback SMPS demo board | NXP 
View full article
Description NXP connectivity solutions for smart metering address the challenges smart cities face for reliable, secure communications for remote metering and home energy management. We enable remote metering with NAN technologies like IEEE® 802.15.4 and Wireless MBUS. Additionally, NXP fosters smart energy management inside homes with HAN technologies like ZigBee®. Flow meters help smart cities measure the volume of natural gas or water at a specific time or over a long period. The measurement is then displayed on low-power segment LCDs, often driven by segment LCD drivers on a MCU. Advanced flow meters incorporate RF communication interfaces for connecting to one-way or two-way RF meter reading systems. Features Cost of the devices in the system Reliability of the devices in the system in harsh outdoor environments Battery life of the system, > 10 years Security to guard against tampering Communication interface requirements Ability to expand and update the system in the field Block Diagram Products Category Name 1: MCU Product URL 1 LPC546XX Microcontroller (MCU) Family | NXP  Product Description 1 The LPC546xx MCU family is architected to be power efficient for applications that require data aggregation from several different inputs. This MCU family provides a variety of wake-up sources including the FlexComm peripherals. Category Name 2: Wireless Product URL 1 BGS8L5 SiGe:C LNA MMIC bypass switch LTE | NXP  Product Description 1 The BGS8L5 is a LNA with bypass switch for LTE receiver applications, in a small plastic 6-pin thin leadless package. It delivers system-optimized gain for diversity applications where sensitivity improvement is required. Product URL 2 Low-Power Multi-Channel UHF RF Wireless Platform | NXP  Product Description 2 The OL2385 device is a radio frequency transceiver with an embedded MCU designed for a wide range of industrial and home applications requiring very high link budget for bidirectional RF communication. Product URL 3 Zigbee and IEEE 802.15.4 wireless microcontroller with 512 kB Flash, 32 kB RAM | NXP  Product Description 3 The JN5169 is an ultra-low-power, high-performance wireless MCU suitable for ZigBee applications. Category Name 3: Driver Product URL 1 Universal LCD driver for low multiplex rates | NXP  Product Description 1 The PCF85133 is a peripheral device which interfaces to almost any Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) with low multiplex rates. Category Name 4: Switch Product URL 1 Logic controlled high-side power switch | NXP  Product Description 1 The NX3P2902B is a high-side load switch which features a low ON resistance P-channel MOSFET. The MOSFET supports more than 500 mA of continuous current and an integrated output discharge resistor to discharge the output capacitance when disabled. Product link 2  Single pole double throw (SPDT) switch | NXP  Product Description 2 The SA630 is a wideband RF switch fabricated in BiCMOS technology and incorporating on-chip CMOS/TTL compatible drivers. Its primary function is to switch signals in the frequency range DC to 1 GHz from one 50 Ω channel to another. Category Name 5: Peripherals Product URL 1 PCF2123 | NXP   Product Description 1 The PCF2123 is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power applications. Data is transferred serially via a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI-bus) with a maximum data rate of 6.25 Mbit/s. Product URL 2 -50 to 50kPa, Differential and Gauge Pressure Sensor | NXP  Product Description 2 On-chip, bipolar op amp circuitry and thin film resistor networks to provide a high output signal and temperature compensation. Category Name 6: Secure Product URL 1 A71CH | Plug and Trust for IoT | NXP  Product Description 1 A71CH is a ready-to-use secure element for IoT devices providing a root of trust at the IC level and delivers, chip-to-cloud security right out of the box, so you can safely connect to IoT clouds and services, including AWS, IBM Watson IoT™ Platform, and Google Cloud™ IoT Core without writing security code or exposing keys. Tools Product Link OM13098: LPCXpresso54628 Development Board OM13098 | LPCXpresso Development Board | LPC Microntrollers (MCUs) | NXP  OM2385/SF001 - OL2385 Wireless sub-GHz Transceiver SIGFOX Development Kit with KL43Z OM2385/SF001 - SIGFOX Development Kit | NXP  OM15020: JN5169 USB Dongle for ZigBee JN5169 USB Dongle for ZigBee | NXP  OM3710/A71CHARD | A71CH Arduino® compatible development kit OM3710/A71CHARD | A71CH Arduino® compatible development kit | NXP  OM13512: Demoboard for the SPI-bus RTC PCF2123 Demoboard for the SPI-bus RTC PCF2123 | NXP 
View full article
Description Faced with limited resources and booming demand, the energy industry seeks greater efficiencies within complex energy management and distribution processes, all while providing the best consumer experience. To achieve better service and smarter, streamlined processes, energy providers require reliable, real-time access to data. This smart energy gateway device gathers data from the sensors around it and uploads that information to the internet where it is processed and shown to the user. This solution has two approaches, one with a LPC MCU with low-power consumption and a Sigfox interface to send the data to. The other approach is with an i.MX 6UL MPU with Bluetooth, Ethernet and USB interfaces. Both designs share ZigBee® connectivity in order to communicate with the devices around it. Features LPC MCU offers low-power consumption Sigfox interface to send data i.MX 6UL MPU with Bluetooth Ethernet interface USB interface ZigBee connectivity Block Diagram Products Category Name 1: MCU and MPU Product URL 1 LPC540XX Family of Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP  Product Description 1 The LPC54SXX offers a power-efficient and unique architecture, advanced HMI and flexible communication peripherals for real-time performance in the next-generation IoT. Product URL 2 i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor | Single Arm® Cortex®-A7 @ 696 MHz | NXP  Product Description 2 The i.MX 6UltraLite applications processor includes an integrated power management module that reduces the complexity of external power supply and simplifies power sequencing. Category Name 2: Power management Product URL 1 10-Channel Configurable PMIC | NXP  Product Description 1 The PF3001 power management integrated circuit (PMIC) features a configurable architecture that supports numerous outputs with various current ratings as well as programmable voltage and predefined sequencing. Product URL 2 PCA9410/9410A | NXP  Product Description 2 The PCA9410 and PCA9410A are highly efficient 3.0 MHz, 500 mA, step-up DC-to-DC converters. They convert input voltages from 2.5 V to 5.25 V to a fixed output voltage of 5.0 V. Product URL 3 TJA1101 | 2nd generation PHY Transceiver | NXP  Product Description 3 The IEEE 802.3bw (100BASE-T1) compliant TJA1101 Ethernet PHY transceiver provides 100 Mbit/s transmit and receive capability over unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cables to withstand the most taxing automotive applications, while still maintaining low-power consumption and system costs. Product URL 4 USB PD and type C current-limited power switch | NXP  Product Description 4 The NX5P3290 is a precision adjustable current-limited power switch for USB PD application. The device includes under voltage lockout, over-temperature protection, and reverse current protection circuits to automatically isolate the switch terminals when a fault condition occurs. Product URL 5 HV start-up flyback controller with integrated MOSFET for 5 W applications, f~burst = 1270 Hz | NXP  Product Description 5 The TEA1721 is a small and low cost module Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) controller IC for low power applications (up to 5 W) and operates directly from the rectified universal mains input. Category Name 3: Peripherals Product URL 1 PCF2129 | NXP  Product Description 1 The PCF2129 is a CMOS Real Time Clock (RTC) and calendar with an integrated Temperature Compensated Crystal (Xtal) Oscillator (TCXO) and a 32.768 kHz quartz crystal optimized for very high accuracy and very low power consumption Product URL 2 BGS8L5 SiGe:C LNA MMIC bypass switch LTE | NXP  Product Description 2 The BGS8L5 is a LNA with bypass switch for LTE receiver applications, in a small plastic 6-pin thin leadless package. It delivers system-optimized gain for diversity applications where sensitivity improvement is required. Product URL 3 PCAL6408A | NXP  Product Description 3 The PCAL6408A is an 8-bit general purpose I/O expander that provides remote I/O expansion for most microcontroller families via the I²C-bus interface. Product URL 4 PCA9626 | NXP  Product Description 4 The PCA9626 is an I²C-bus controlled 24-bit LED driver optimized for voltage switch dimming and blinking 100 mA Red/Green/Blue/Amber (RGBA) LEDs. Product URL 5 Single pole double throw (SPDT) switch | NXP  Product Description 5 The SA630 is a wideband RF switch fabricated in BiCMOS technology and incorporating on-chip CMOS/TTL compatible drivers. Its primary function is to switch signals in the frequency range DC to 1 GHz from one 50 Ω channel to another. Category Name 4: Wireless Product URL 1 Zigbee and IEEE 802.15.4 wireless microcontroller with 512 kB Flash, 32 kB RAM | NXP  Product Description 1 The JN5169 is an ultra-low-power, high-performance wireless MCU suitable for ZigBee applications. Product URL 2  Low-Power Multi-Channel UHF RF Wireless Platform | NXP  Product Description 2 The OL2385 device is a radio frequency transceiver with an embedded MCU designed for a wide range of industrial and home applications requiring a very high link budget for bidirectional RF communication. Product URL 3 QN908x: Ultra-Low-Power Bluetooth Low Energy System on Chip (SoC) Solution | NXP  Product Description 3 QN908x is an ultra-low-power, high-performance and highly integrated Bluetooth Low Energy solution for Bluetooth® Smart applications. Category Name 5: NFC Product URL 1 NTAG213F, NTAG216F | NFC Forum Type 2 Tag compliant IC with field detection | NXP  Product Description 1 The NTAG213F offers innovative functionalities like the configuration of a field detection, the SLEEP mode, the FAST_READ command, and a configurable password protection. These capabilities fit perfectly for applications in electronics, i.e. connection handover, Bluetooth® simple pairing, Wi-Fi protected set-ups, device authentication or gaming. Product URL 2  PN5180 | Full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC | NXP  Product Description 2 The PN5180 is a high-performance full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC for various contactless communication methods and protocols. Category Name 6: Security Product URL 1 A1006 | Secure Authenticator IC: Embedded Security Platform | NXP  Product Description 1 The A1006 Secure Authenticator Solution is a complete embedded security platform for electronic accessories, mobile phones, portable devices, computing and consumer electronic devices, and embedded systems where a strong security infrastructure is required. Tools Product Link MCIMX6UL-EVK: i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit | NXP  KITPF3000FRDMEVM: Evaluation Kit for PF3000/1 Power Management Integrated Circuit Evaluation Kit for PF3000/1 Power Management Integrated Circuit | NXP  OM13513: RTC demoboard containing PCF2127T and PCF2129AT RTC demoboard containing PCF2127T and PCF2129AT | NXP  OM25180FDK: PN5180 NFC Frontend Development Kit for POS Terminal Applications OM25180 |PN5180 NFC Development Kit for POS Readers | NXP 
View full article
Description With the growing consumption of energy worldwide, particularly in the residential market, utility providers need increasingly accurate and cost-effective energy metering solutions. The electricity meter is used for measurement and registration of active and reactive energy in single-phase, two-wire networks for direct connection. NXP’s connectivity solutions for smart metering address the challenges smart cities face for reliable, secure communications for remote metering and home energy management. We enable remote metering with NAN technologies like IEEE® 802.15.4 and Wireless MBUS. Additionally, NXP fosters smart energy management inside homes with HAN technologies like ZigBee®. Features All measurements performed by SD ADC Shunt resistor measurements amplified by Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA) Phase shift between phase voltage and phase current measurements compensated by phase shifter block Active and passive tamper detection with time stamping Highest-resolution AFE with 4 x 24-Bit SD ADC LCD controller Block Diagram Product Category Name 1: MCU Product URL 1 Arm® Cortex®-M0+|Kinetis® KM3x 50-75 MHz 32-bit MCUs | NXP  Product Description 1 Kinetis® KM3x MCUs enable single-chip one-, two-, and three-phase electricity meters, as well as flow meters and other precision measurement applications. Category Name 2: Sensor Product URL 1 ±8g, Low g, Digital Accelerometer | NXP  Product Description 1 The NXP® MMA8491Q 3-axis accelerometer is an ultra-low-power tilt sensor that is ideal for smart meters. Product URL 2 Digital Sensor - 3D Accelerometer | NXP  Product Description 2 The 14-bit accelerometer and 16-bit magnetometer are combined with a high-performance ASIC to enable an eCompass solution capable of a typical orientation resolution of 0.1° and sub-5° compass heading accuracy for most applications. Category Name 3: Secure Product URL 1 A71CH | Plug and Trust for IoT | NXP  Product Description 1 A71CH is a ready-to-use secure element for IoT devices providing a root of trust at the IC level and delivers, chip-to-cloud security right out of the box, so you can safely connect to IoT clouds and services, including AWS, IBM Watson IoT™ Platform, and Google Cloud™ IoT Core without writing security code or exposing keys. Category Name 4: Zigbee Product URL 1 Zigbee and IEEE 802.15.4 wireless microcontroller with 512 kB Flash, 32 kB RAM | NXP  Product Description 1 The JN5169 is an ultra-low-power, high-performance wireless MCU suitable for ZigBee applications. Category Name 5: NFC Product URL 1 PN5180 | Full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC | NXP  Product Description 1 The PN5180 is a high-performance full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC for various contactless communication methods and protocols. Category Name 6: Power management Product URL 1 TEA172x | NXP  Product Description 1 These highly integrated devices enable low no-load power consumption below 10 mW, reduce component count for a cost-effective application design, and provide advanced control modes that deliver exceptional efficiency. Documentation Filter-Based Algorithm for metering applications:  https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4265.pdf Tools Product Link TWR-KM34Z75M: Kinetis M Series Tower System Module TWR-KM34Z75M|Tower System Board|Kinetis MCUs | NXP  Single-Phase Metering Single Phase Meter | NXP  Two Phase Power Meter Reference Design Two Phase Power Meter Reference Design | NXP  Three-Phase Power Meter Reference Design Three Phase Power Meter | NXP 
View full article
Description Factory automation systems connect with each other through robust communication paths and with the user through intuitive HMIs. To meet these needs and the demand for greener, more efficient industrial processes, these systems require ultra-reliable solutions for fast connectivity and solid security. NXP’s robot motion control solution provides the computing performance, embedded connectivity, low latency and a real-time open source operating system to address the requirements for multi-axis motion. The Layerscape LS1043A family provides a huge range of computing performance, with 2 and 4 core SoCs with either the power efficient A53 ARM core. In addition, the LS1043A includes integrated connectivity options that enable the low latency and low jitter required in the motion control and robotics space. Features High-accuracy Rot-Vector High-end PLC Industrial security gateway High-performance moto and driver Block Diagram Products Category Name 1: MCU Product URL 1 QorIQ® Layerscape 1043A | NXP  Product Description 1 The QorIQ LS1043A and LS1023A processor includes a four-lane, 10 GHz multi-protocol SerDes providing support for high-speed interfaces, including up to six Gigabit Ethernet ports with IEEE® 1588 support, three DMA controlled PCI Express® generation 2.0 ports and a single SATA 3.0 port. Category Name 2: Transceiver Product URL 1 TJA1057 | High speed CAN transceiver | NXP  Product Description 1 The TJA1057 is part of the Mantis family of high-speed CAN transceivers. It provides an interface between a Controller Area Network (CAN) protocol controller and the physical two-wire CAN bus. Product URL 2 22-bit bi-directional low voltage translator | NXP  Product Description 2 The GTL2000 allows bi-directional voltage translations between 1.0 V and 5.0 V without use of a direction pin. Category Name 3: Sensor Product URL 1 PCT2075: I2C-bus Fm+, 1 Degree C Accuracy | NXP  Product Description 1 The PCT2075 is a temperature-to-digital converter featuring ±1 °C accuracy over ‑25 °C to +100 °C range. Category Name 4: RTC Product URL 1 PCF85363A | NXP  Product Description 1 The PCF85363A is a CMOS Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption and with automatic switching to battery on main power loss. Tools Product Link QorIQ® LS1043A Development Board QorIQ® LS1043A Development Board | NXP  OM13257: Universal Temperature Sensor Daughter Card for the Fm+ Development Kit Universal Temperature Sensor Daughter Card for the Fm+ Development Kit | NXP  OM13514: PC evaluation board for the I²C-bus RTC PCF85363A PC evaluation board for the I²C-bus RTC PCF85363A | NXP 
View full article