V2X

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V2X

V2X

Overview

Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) technology enables cars to communicate with their surroundings and makes driving safer and more efficient for everyone. By making the invisible visible, V2X warns the driver of road hazards, helping reduce traffic injuries and fatalities. In addition to improving safety, V2X helps to optimize traffic flow, reduce traffic congestion and lessen the environmental impact of transportation.

V2X is a key component for full autonomous driving.

V2X need message package signing & verification which need high CPU loading if used CPU. Qualcomm recommend their customers to use NXP i.MX8X/XL which have HSM as their modem’s companion chip.

Two major components in the system: RSU (Road Side Unit) and OBU (On Board Unit). Both have similar system design, with minor differences.

Block Diagram

v2x rsu.pngv2x.png

Product

Category MCU/MPU
Product URL 1 i.MX 8X Family – Arm® Cortex®-A35, 3D Graphics, 4K Video, DSP, Error Correcting Code on DDR 
Product Description 1 Extending the scalable range of the i.MX 8 series, the i.MX 8X family is comprised of common subsystems and architecture from the higher-end i.MX 8 family, establishing a range of cost-performance scaling with pin-compatible options and a high level of software reuse.
Product URL 2 https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/automotive-development-platforms/s32k-mcu-platforms/s3... 
Product Description 2

The S32K144EVB is a low-cost evaluation and development board for general purpose automotive applications.

Category Transceivers
Product URL 1 TJA1051: High-speed CAN transceiver 
Product Description 1 The TJA1051 is a high-speed CAN transceiver that provides an interface between a Controller Area Network (CAN) protocol controller and the physical two-wire CAN bus.
Product URL 2 TJA1101: 2nd generation Ethernet PHY Transceivers - IEEE 100BASE-T1 compliant 
Product Description 2

TJA1101 is a high-performance single port, IEEE 100BASE-T1 compliant Ethernet PHY Transceiver.

Category Power Management
Product URL PF8100-PF8200: 12-channel Power Management Integrated Circuit (PMIC) for High-Performance Processing... 
Product Description

The PF8100/PF8200 PMIC family is designed for high-performance processing applications such as infotainment, telematics, clusters, vehicle networking, ADAS, vision and sensor fusion.

Category Secure Element
Product URL SXF1800: Secure Element IC for V2X Communication 
Product Description SXF1800 is based on highly secure microcontroller used also to protect mobile payments, providing highest proven assets protection.

Category I2C interface
Product URL 1 PCA9538: 8-bit I²C-bus and SMBus low power I/O port with interrupt and reset 
Product Description 1 The PCA9538 is a 16-pin CMOS device that provides 8 bits of General Purpose parallel Input/Output (GPIO) expansion with interrupt and reset for I2C-bus/SMBus applications and was developed to enhance the NXP Semiconductors family of II2CC-bus I/O expanders.
Product URL 2 PCT2075: I2C-Bus Fm+, 1 Degree C Accuracy, Digital Temperature Sensor And Thermal Watchdog 
Product Description 2 The PCT2075 is a temperature-to-digital converter featuring ±1 °C accuracy over ‑25 °C to +100 °C range.
Product URL 3 PCA85073A: Automotive tiny Real-Time Clock/Calendar with alarm function and I2C-bus 
Product Description 3 The PCA85073A is a CMOS1 Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power consumption.

Category Wi-Fi
Product URL 88W8964: 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band 4x4 Wi-Fi® 5 (802.11ac) Access Solution 
Product Description The 88W8964 features 160MHz bandwidth and Multi-User Multi-Input Multi-Output (MU-MIMO) while achieving 2.6 Gbit/s peak data rate for high speed, secure, and reliable access points and smart gateways.

Category V2X Modem
Product URL RoadLINK® SAF5400 Single Chip Modem for V2X 
Product Description The RoadLINK SAF5400 is an automotive-qualified single chip DSRC modem for V2X applications. The SAF5400 modem is able to receive and verify up to 2000 messages per second.
Labels (2)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎01-15-2021 08:24 AM
Updated by: