cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received NACK on transmit of data

lucentinian
Contributor I

Hello!

I'm wiring an NTAG I2C plus OM5569/NT322F to an Arduino board, with pull-up resistors of 5.1K ohm 5% 1/6W, voltage is 3V from the Arduino board to VCC in the NTAG. The pull-up resistors are connected to that VCC. Connections between pins have been tested and none is in high impedance.

I'm using the Wire library of Arduino. Discovering I2C slaves gives me the address 55h (7bits) as expected for the NTAG I2C plus card, however any command I send such as read configuration (30h 3ah command) ends the transmission with code 3 or "received NACK on transmit of data".

Any clue about why may this happen?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @lucentinian 

Hope you are doing great, since you are using non NXP host and library is very hard to know what could go wrong, also this is not under our support scope,  but as a recommendation would be to follow the guidelines in our datasheet and in our FAQ document :

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/NT3H2111_2211.pdf

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/engineering-bulletin/TN00042.pdf

or if you have some NXP board like K64 you can do it on that MCU using our example and compare the behavior with the environment you have.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

lucentinian
Contributor I

hi @Jonathan_Iglesias ! 

Thanks for the guides!

Actually it's my 1st I2C project, and I was thinking talking to the NTAG through I2C was going to be like talking to it through the NFC interface, but happened that after a lot of try-error I finally understood that actually the I2C interface only allows me to read and write registers by the address as in the I2C map to memory described in NT3H2111_2211.pdf, but no execute APDUs or NFC commands. So these errors occur when reading I send more than 1 byte which represents the record address, and when writing I don't send exactly the address byte plus 16 bytes of data.

Cheers!

0 Kudos