Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS/IPhone originality signature check

Jump to solution
Mateusz_Chamera
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a question about originality check on NTAG213 chip using IPhone.

Is it possible to perform an originality check using the NXP application on IOS? In the way that is this done on an Android app? (after reading the tag, there is information about checking the authenticity of the tag).

Is it possible to store the public key with an iPhone and check the authenticity of the chip with this device? Is it possible to create this type of application for IOS?

Thank in advance for help! 

Talkin' Things
#RFID Performance Designed
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Mateusz_Chamera ,

Indeed this app note is just regarding the implementation, and includes sample code in Java and C , but there is no Android/iOS App for refence,  you have to implement it by yourself. 

BTW, there is a demo on this topic based on Visual Studio, please kindly refer to the following for more details.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/NFC-Knowledge-Base/Demo-for-Originality-Signature-Verification/ta-p/127...

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Mateusz_Chamera ,

Yes, it is possible to perform an originality check using the NXP application on IOS as well as on an Android app. (after reading the tag, there is information about checking the authenticity of the tag).

It is also possible to store the public key with an iPhone and check the authenticity of the chip with this device.

Please kindly refer to the following app note for more details.

Kan_Li_0-1628666226627.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

Mateusz_Chamera
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li , 

I have this document, but there is not a word (and no example) about iOS in it. 

I also haven't found any application in the AppStore that would allow me to perform an originality check. The NXP Tag Info app for iOS does not show this information (unlike on Android devices).

Therefore, I would like to make sure (or see an example) of reading the private key from NTAG213 memory using the iPhone.

Are there any examples of such an application?

Talkin' Things
0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Mateusz_Chamera ,

Indeed this app note is just regarding the implementation, and includes sample code in Java and C , but there is no Android/iOS App for refence,  you have to implement it by yourself. 

BTW, there is a demo on this topic based on Visual Studio, please kindly refer to the following for more details.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/NFC-Knowledge-Base/Demo-for-Originality-Signature-Verification/ta-p/127...

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
Mateusz_Chamera
Contributor II

Hello @Kan_Li ,

Of course, I understand that application development is on my side. Thank you for the answer, I think I have already confirmed what I am looking for.

My main question was whether the iPhone is able to obtain the private key from the NTAG213 chip memory and verify its authenticity on this basis. If it is possible on iOS, I got a satisfactory answer.

Thank you for the demo as well.

Thanks and best regards,

Mateusz Chamera

Talkin' Things
Tags (1)
0 Kudos