how to use the plain password

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use the plain password

finecook
Contributor II

I have use the board NTP5312.Now,I have a new problem about the plain password.How to use the authentication with the plain password.Would you give me a example(like I have set the write password,how to use it?)

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @finecook ,

Except the password length, it is similar as other NTAG products, such as NTAG I2C , please kindly refer to https://community.nxp.com/t5/NFC-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Add-Password-Protection-On-NDEF-Messages-In-N... for details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

finecook
Contributor II

Now I follow all the steps(from 7.1 to 7.5) of example in  the AN12366(this document is Memory configuration and scalable security) ,so I set the PWD and restricited area configuration.Then how to use the pwd?Would you explain more about it 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @finecook ,

The section of "8.2.4.3 PWD Authentication" shows the usage of the plain password. The DEV_SEC_CONFIG is 0xAh by default, have you ever changed it by accident? 

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

finecook
Contributor II

@Kan_Li

Hello,

1. In  NTAG 5 link - NFC Forum-compliant I2C bridge ,I can't seen the section of "8.2.4.3 PWD Authentication", and I only seen the section of "8.2.3.3 PWD Authentication".In this section,I can't see how to authenticate?

2. We have bought 100 pcs Ntp5312.We have read  the config of 5 pcs board which have never been used,the default value of DEV_SEC_CONFIG is 0x45.So,we can't change this value  by accident

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @finecook ,

You may request the latest full version of RFIDDiscover from NXP docstore, this tool can be used for PWD authentication with NTAG5.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

finecook
Contributor II

Another question is I use the command 12C0043F00 to get the DEV_SEC_CONFIG,but the response is 4500FFFF. 45h means block 3Fh with device security configuration bytes is locked。So I can't set the Restricted area protection pointer (PP_AREA_1).Why?The default configuration of  DEV_SEC_CONFIG isn't  A500FFFF?

0 Kudos