Windows driver for NXP MF1ICS70?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows driver for NXP MF1ICS70?

jimbob
Contributor I

I'm reasonably new to smartcards, but what i'm trying to do should be simple enough.

I have a Mifare 4k contactless card, with an NXP MF1ICS70. I'm using an ACR122U card reader on Windows 7 64bit. Windows sees the reader fine, and the reader sees the card. I'm trying to generate a self-signed certificate to write to the card. I have generated self signed certificates on this machine before so i know it can do it.

When i run a certutil -scinfo at a command prompt i get the following:

C:\temp>certutil -scinfo

The Microsoft Smart Card Resource Manager is running.

Current reader/card status:

Readers: 1

0: ACS ACR122U PICC Interface 0

--- Reader: ACS ACR122U PICC Interface 0

---   Card:

---    ATR:

3b 8f 80 01 80 4f 0c a0  00 00 03 06 03 00 02 00   ;....O..........

00 00 00 69                                        ...i

=======================================================

Analyzing card in reader: ACS ACR122U PICC Interface 0

SCardGetCardTypeProviderName: The system cannot find the file specified. 0x2 (WIN32: 2)

Cannot retrieve Provider Name for SCardGetCardTypeProviderName: The system cannot find the file specified. 0x2 (WIN32: 2

)

Cannot retrieve Provider Name for

--------------===========================--------------

Done.

CertUtil: -SCInfo command FAILED: 0x2 (WIN32: 2)

CertUtil: The system cannot find the file specified.

Infact if i run a certutil -new certreq.txt at a command prompt, it tells me that the card is unknown. It detects the card, but says it is not the one required for the current operation.

This leads me to believe I dont have an appropriate minidriver for the NXP MF1ICS70 based card which is why it cant identify it. In device manager the card shows up as an "Identity device (Microsoft Generic Profile)".

Is there an NXP minidriver somewhere? I havent found anything on the NXP website.

Or am I missing something else?

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies