cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find AN11456?

Jump to solution
rodneyrichardso
Contributor II

[Cross posted from the NXP IoT Solutions Center Community Page]: Where can I find AN11456?

Hi,

The NTAG216 documentation makes a reference to the following document:

AN11456 NTAG215/216(F)/NTAG I2C Using the dynamic lock bits to lock the tag — Application note, BU-ID Document number 2769

I can't find this on the NXP website anywhere (searching the site only brings up other documents with the same reference).

Does anyone know where I can find this?

Regards,

Rod.

Tags (2)
1 Solution
ToniZollikofer
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rodney,

I found out that this appnote AN11456 is not public. It does require a NDA and access to specific space through the Docstore repository (Link to Docstore). I don´t know the reason for classifying it this way, however, no short term workaround here, sorry for the inconvenience.

Toni

View solution in original post

9 Replies
amal
Contributor I

Did anyone find out the proper NTAG I2C plus (2k version) memory configuration TLVs? I have submitted a request to my rep to push this doc to me via docstore since I could not find it natively (docstore search function is atrocious). My primary question centers around the "Memory Control TLV" that is supposed to be written to the last blocks of "Sector 0" which I assume is the first 888 bytes of user data before the configuration pages hit. This TLV is supposed to instruct the NDEF library performing the writing to jump over or skip the configuration pages and jump all the way to page 100 to continue writing data.. I just need confirmation on what that TLV looks like and where to put it.

This is a screencap from AN11786 with the pertinent info; http://amal.net/caps/2019-11-08_12-05-09-firefox.png 

2019-11-08_12-05-09-firefox.png

--------

Anyone with this info, please just share the appropriate blocks and values to enable safe normal NDEF writing?

Thanks,

Amal

0 Kudos
ToniZollikofer
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rodney,

I found out that this appnote AN11456 is not public. It does require a NDA and access to specific space through the Docstore repository (Link to Docstore). I don´t know the reason for classifying it this way, however, no short term workaround here, sorry for the inconvenience.

Toni

rodneyrichardso
Contributor II

Thanks. I have access to the docstore, and I can see "6 of 7" application notes in the NFC section. I presume the 7th is AN11456. I will see if I can get access to it, although I'm not exactly sure how to request a document I can't see in the list.

Do you know which application area it is in, and what access rights level is required, so I can request access?

0 Kudos
rfidtag
Contributor II

Sorry you are right, my mistake

It is AN11786 that describe how to configure the NTAG I²C plus in the different use case for read/write, read-only and protected access from RF and I²C side.

0 Kudos
rfidtag
Contributor II

Hi Rodney,

Here is the link: http://cache.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN11786.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1 or I have on my hands the datasheet and I am able to send the pdf file.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
rodneyrichardso
Contributor II

That looks to be AN11786, not AN11456. (Also, the link seems to have dropped the colon after http, so doesn't work immediately.)

If you could send the PDF of AN11456, that would be great.

0 Kudos
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rodney,

We are reaching the marketers and authors to understand why it is not published and give you the reason or either the document here. Please allow us to keep researching the root cause of this. We will keep you posted.

Thank you for your patient.

Have a great day,
Garabo

rodneyrichardso
Contributor II

Well, there's been no answer to this, so I presume it's not published.
There was a reference in a 2014 publication saying that it was yet to be published at that time.

0 Kudos
cabletie
Contributor I

FOUR YEARS LATER: Has any progress been made in accessing this document?   I find myself in a position of needing access to AN11456.  I can open docstore, but only get a blank screen.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.    THANKS!

0 Kudos