cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wakup Time for CLRC663 with RS232 / UART connection

Jump to solution
christiantasche
Contributor I

I'm using CLRC663 with RS232 / UART connection. I have configured the IC to 1228.8 kbit/s. The communikation is working fine.
Than i'm using the standby mode by setting the PowerDown bit in the command register.

To wake up the CLRC663 i send 55h and than try to read read adress 00h. It tooks now 450µs to get a response from the CLRC663.

To leave the standby mode the bit PowerDown in the register Command is cleared. This
will trigger the internal start-up sequence. The reader IC is in full operation mode again
when the internal start-up sequence is finalized (the typical duration is 15 us).

The datasheet says the typical duration is 15µs to start up. So is it normalt that the IC takes up to 450µs to respond?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Christian Tasche,

It is a doc issue in the data sheet, the latest data sheet doesn't include 15us any more. You may refer to http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/CLRC663.pdf  for details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Christian Tasche,

It is a doc issue in the data sheet, the latest data sheet doesn't include 15us any more. You may refer to http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/CLRC663.pdf  for details.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos