Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use OM5578 Devkit with non-NXP MCU

Jump to solution
bojanjovanovic
Contributor I

Hello guys,

We are considering to use PN7150 NFC reader IC in our future device. We have OM5578 Devkit (Arduino version) with us. The goal is to connect it with non-NXP based MCU and read the card IDs.

I noticed there are some examples for NXP-based MCUs. Are there any instructions on how we can port the PN7150 library into non-NXP environment? Our target MCU is 32-bit ARM Cortex-M architecture.

Thank you very much for your time and efforts.

Sincerely,

Bojan.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bojan,

Hope you are doing well. My name is Ricardo and I have been assigned this case. You can find the available resources in the NXP page: PN7150.

In the Tools & Software tab, you can find the NXP-NCI MCUXpresso example Project, with examples for iMXRT1060, LPC11Uxx, LPC55xx, LPC82x, and K64. And you can check this Application Note: NXP-NCI MCUXpresso example.

You would need to adapt the TML components (Transport Mapping Layer), in source>TML>tml.c

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bojanjovanovic
Contributor I

Thank you very much, Ricardo. Indeed, by modifying TML file I was able to successfully port the example.

One more thing I would like to ask. Does PN7150 support DesFire EV2 and EV3?

If negative, can you recommend us any couterpart of PN7150 that supports DesFire EV3?

Regards,

Bojan.

0 Kudos
nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bojan,

Hope you are doing well. My name is Ricardo and I have been assigned this case. You can find the available resources in the NXP page: PN7150.

In the Tools & Software tab, you can find the NXP-NCI MCUXpresso example Project, with examples for iMXRT1060, LPC11Uxx, LPC55xx, LPC82x, and K64. And you can check this Application Note: NXP-NCI MCUXpresso example.

You would need to adapt the TML components (Transport Mapping Layer), in source>TML>tml.c

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ricardo