cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCODE 8/8m TAG - brand identifier

parducci
Contributor I

Hi, 
I'm tring to modify the fw of our UHF reader to read the Brand identifier of tag UCODE8/8m. 

Could you please tell me how to set the parameter of select command? 
According to the standard the select command should be as follow: 
command code: 1010 (4bits) 
Target: xxx (3bits) 
Action: xxx (3bits) 
Memory bank: 01 (2bits) (01=EPC memory to trigger brand identifier) 
Pointer: 8204 (EBV bits) (according the datasheet address= 204h to trigger brand identifier ->8204 for EBV format) 
Length: 00000001 (8 bits) (00000001 to select the activation bit of brand identifier) 
Mask: 1 (variable bits) (activation bit of brand identifier should be 1 to trigger brand identifier at inventory) 
Truncate: 0 (1bit) (0 to disable truncation for brand identifier) 

Could you tell me the correct value of Target and Action to trigger identifier and if all the other parameters are set correctly? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Elisa Parducci,

Hope you are doing great my apologies for the delay we have been under a big backlog, 
as defined in the EPC standard - chapter  6.3.2.12.1 Select commands, the Target and Action parameter should have the following values: Target: 100 Action: 000  so command should look like the following:    command: 1010 (4bits) 
Target: 100 (3bits)  Action: 000 (3bits)  Memory bank: 01 (2bits) (01=EPC memory to trigger brand identifier)  Pointer: 8204 (EBV bits) (according the datasheet address= 204h to trigger brand identifier ->8204 for EBV format)  Length: 00000001 (8 bits) (00000001 to select the activation bit of brand identifier)  Mask: 1 (variable bits) (activation bit of brand identifier should be 1 to trigger brand identifier at inventory)  Truncate: 0 (1bit) (0 to disable truncation for brand identifier)   the usage of the  Brand Identifier makes only sense, if the customer got his own Brand ID from NXP programmed on the IC. The default value of the Brand ID is "AAAAh".

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos