Turn-on Time to First I2C Use for NT3H2111

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn-on Time to First I2C Use for NT3H2111

ACGarland
Contributor III
  • I'm using the NTAG I2C Plus (NT3H2111) in an application where we are switching the power to the I2C portion of the chip--turning the chip off to save power except when there is NFC activity.  I've looked at the spec sheet and related documents (application note, I2C usage guide), but I can't seem to find a spec which gives the turn-on delay for the part. How much time is required for the I2C portion of the chip to be ready to respond to I2C commands after power is initially supplied to VCC?  In other words, after supplying power to VCC, what is the soonest that we can expect to be able to use I2C and get an ACK back from the chip?  I'm using 1 millisecond at the moment, but I suspect that is considerably longer than is really required. Rather than experimenting to determine an ad-hoc value, I'd prefer to use a value from a spec.

• #nfc#nt3h2111#reset timing

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tony Garland,

Thank you for posting in NFC community space.

There is no spec for the time you request, but a safe and recommended time is 500 us after power-on for both interfaces to respond (I2C and NFC).

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos